The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Diverse Tanks (Cubes, Squares, Triangular) (Fish Only with Live Rock, Predator Tanks, Temperate Tanks) (non-photosynthetic tanks, Marine Plant/Algae Tanks, Greenhouse Tanks)
Guv wrote:Haha - thanks for the welcome back boys!
I can feel the pressure mounting already. All these expectations...
Well that was a bit of a fizzer!
Just as I started on preparations to bring it back up, I got an all-consuming work secondment that I've only recently finished up on... so without further ado, I'm going to attempt to get this old box running again. Only major change is going to be going bare-bottom. Most other components will be the same - at least initially!
So far:
Rebuilt my light again (was full of building dust from the renovation - also replaced the suspension wires with some nice new SS bike brake cables )
Re-soldered my Tunze Osmolator cables (never was very reliable - now it seems much better)
Replaced a lot of the old vinyl tubing with silicon tube (it is in the post)
Purchase of cutting board and re-plumbing is next on the agenda.
The time for action is past! Now is the time for senseless bickering.
Htu08 wrote:Pics pls! Just read through most of this thread the other day and am keeeeeeeen!
Ha! Nothing to be seen just yet. Wet box. Plumbing works. A few other minor changes:
Electrical box now mounted well off the floor - a one year old forced the change.
Siphon has had DN25 ball valve added inside stand - much easier to tune.
Eheim 1262 return pump was 'lent' to a mate when I took the tank down previously... so my 1060 (purchased circa 1994) is back in service.
I've replaced the DN25 vinyl tubing with Silicon. Has drastically dropped transfer of vibration (and therefore noise) through the system.
Jethrov wrote:how come you've decided to go barebottom?
Mainly due to the hassle last time of removing the sand bed on take-down. It will also add another ~80L to the usable volume and eliminate sand storm issues, allowing me to 'turn up the flow to eleven'.
I'm not really a fan of bland bare-bottom systems... so I'd be hoping to cover it with coralline ASAP.
The time for action is past! Now is the time for senseless bickering.