sparker wrote:You'll still need something to heat the tank, just not sure you'll need chillers to keep it cool considering you may be going LED lighting and there will be a large sump in a basement (which could have a heap of "noisy" fans.
Thanks Sam. For weeks, I have been focused on primarily getting the construction organized and underway. As of today, that is now done, so onto the the next objective. I hope to get the tank drawings, plumbing layout, sump design and sump stand drawings soon, so we can get this underway. With the mess job done, will have to sort out the site levelling, and landscaping prep, but need to schedule such that when the tank is delivered, it will not chew up the new lawn :-) then leave one of the big windows out, till the tank is inside, then complete the windows installation. Our plans of getting the roof trusses by next week, was just shot down, as there is a 4~5 week delay, due to the storms we had 2 weeks ago.
Disappointing, but I would like to make the best of it, by trying to get a head start on cycling the rocks for the aquascape. With 3 young kids, I will have a revolution trying to explain an empty tank for 3 months.
I have the first IBC, and the other one should be delivered next week, so was thinking of getting the rocks already, and a load of water, then arrange for weekly water delivery, so I can do weekly water changes.
Hope the weather is better your neck of the woods - here is is pouring.
Jac