Col's 7x2.5
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
sparker
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1253
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 5:56 am
- Posts Per Page: Victoria
Re: Col's 7x2.5
Good to see a progress update Col, I hope the ATO automator and Litermeter are still working as planned?
Sam
Sam
-
colg
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
- Posts Per Page: Mackay
Re: Col's 7x2.5
sparker wrote: hope the ATO automator and Litermeter are still working as planned?
Certainly are Sam! has certainly reduced effort as well as wasted RO. Upped the auto NSW changes to 25L per day.
You should look at making the ATO automator as commercial products!
-
sparker
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1253
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 5:56 am
- Posts Per Page: Victoria
Re: Col's 7x2.5
I did consider it, but anything electrical comes with all sorts of certification requirements... That and the fact the market is so small. Easier just to spread the word and get people making themselves like you did 
-
CanIHazReef
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:34 am
- Posts Per Page: Murrumbeena - Melbourne
Re: Col's 7x2.5
Nice update Col!
-
colg
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
- Posts Per Page: Mackay
Re: Col's 7x2.5
sparker wrote:Easier just to spread the word and get people making themselves like you did
Does the same go for your photography?!?
Would love to see a thread with some photography pointers to get photos half as good as you produce

-
fairymary58
- RTAW Reefer
- Posts: 60
- Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:49 am
- Posts Per Page: Point Cook
Re: Col's 7x2.5
sparker wrote:I did consider it, but anything electrical comes with all sorts of certification requirements... That and the fact the market is so small. Easier just to spread the word and get people making themselves like you did
DO you have a thread on how to do the Ato automator??
Im very interested
-
sparker
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1253
- Joined: Thu May 02, 2013 5:56 am
- Posts Per Page: Victoria
Re: Col's 7x2.5
colg wrote:sparker wrote:Easier just to spread the word and get people making themselves like you did
Does the same go for your photography?!?![]()
Would love to see a thread with some photography pointers to get photos half as good as you produce
haha I don't consider myself to be any photography expert, but it is something that I could pop together. Perhaps a hands on video would work best, I have had an aussie aquarium goods supplier ask me to do the same so I best pull my thumb out
fairymary58 wrote:sparker wrote:I did consider it, but anything electrical comes with all sorts of certification requirements... That and the fact the market is so small. Easier just to spread the word and get people making themselves like you did
DO you have a thread on how to do the Ato automator??
Im very interested
I can PM you the electronic schematics if you are handy (or can take to a qualified sparky) or as you are only about 50min from me (Point cook yeah? I could pop by one day or you are welcome here to check it out in person). Essentially it switches the RODI on only when your reservoir is low and obviously switches it off once full (as opposed to keep switching on and off every time your ATO goes which in turn kills membranes quickly) Video on an early version of it is here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vz6N3ejdrOM
-
PranK
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1435
- Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:46 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney, Elanora Heights
- Contact:
Re: Col's 7x2.5
Any updated shots? Looks great Col!
My 6' Journal
My 5x28x24 in-wall experience
My tank uses 4.3 tonnes of carbon every year (1275 KW/h per 115 days). I have offset its carbon emissions, you should consider doing the same. (This was my 4 footer too!)
My 5x28x24 in-wall experience
My tank uses 4.3 tonnes of carbon every year (1275 KW/h per 115 days). I have offset its carbon emissions, you should consider doing the same. (This was my 4 footer too!)
-
colg
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
- Posts Per Page: Mackay
Re: Col's 7x2.5
been a while since an update, thanks for the prod. Here are some quick phone pics when I got home this arv. Tanks is starting to bounce back after numerous issues. Hopefully I can continue the stability and it keeps heading in the right direction.




-
PranK
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1435
- Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2006 4:46 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney, Elanora Heights
- Contact:
Re: Col's 7x2.5
Looks fantastic, thanks for the update.
What were the issues? I'm trying to get mine to bounce back also. I might create a new journal for it.
I'm super keen to get people back on Masa. The more posts, the better!
What were the issues? I'm trying to get mine to bounce back also. I might create a new journal for it.
I'm super keen to get people back on Masa. The more posts, the better!
My 6' Journal
My 5x28x24 in-wall experience
My tank uses 4.3 tonnes of carbon every year (1275 KW/h per 115 days). I have offset its carbon emissions, you should consider doing the same. (This was my 4 footer too!)
My 5x28x24 in-wall experience
My tank uses 4.3 tonnes of carbon every year (1275 KW/h per 115 days). I have offset its carbon emissions, you should consider doing the same. (This was my 4 footer too!)