Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Large Tanks with a Volume of 800 Litres and Above

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

Alf D wrote:With my old tank, I had a sheet of corflute, black vinyl one side and blue the other.
When I got bored with one colour, I reversed the corflute.



I am leaning that way at the moment Alf. Biggest issue is the Vortechs on the back wall.
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by chromus »

put em on the ends then :poke:
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
bimborocks
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1034
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 8:54 am
Posts Per Page: Newcastle, NSW

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by bimborocks »

Rusty1 wrote:
Alf D wrote:With my old tank, I had a sheet of corflute, black vinyl one side and blue the other.
When I got bored with one colour, I reversed the corflute.



I am leaning that way at the moment Alf. Biggest issue is the Vortechs on the back wall.

Vortechs will hold the backing in place well then
terbit
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:39 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by terbit »

Looks great Russ :thumbsup:
Don't know how I missed this.
:cheers:
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

chromus wrote:put em on the ends then :poke:


Not enough flow. I have Tunze's on the ends.
bimborocks wrote:Vortechs will hold the backing in place well then


Yeah I was thinking that. I can get .6mm sheet of a HDPE sheet and have the 2 colors either side if that.

That way it wont make it too think. If I did do that I need some something to still make it stick lightly to the glass to make sure if looks stuck on (refer the blue image above). This will also make sure it doesn't move when cleaning the back glass.

Then I guess there is always the aquarium stuff I used for those pictures. It is blue and black. But how would you run a magnet cleaner over it.
terbit wrote:Looks great Russ :thumbsup:
Don't know how I missed this.
:cheers:


Welcome Brett.

Must be your age :p
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

Image[/URL]

Some tweaks and so forth on the aqua scape has the current state of play much more how I like it.

Left hand side still needs to be done but the rest I am reasonably satisfied with.

Added a Zebra Moray Eel and Majestic Angel and all other fish fat n healthy.
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
Pagey
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:36 am
Posts Per Page: Darwin

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Pagey »

Really awesome.

I had a planted tank made with a blue background.
I then had the identical tank made with a black background. Again as a FW Planted tank but none the less I did much prefer the black. I think your black example looks best.

Great tank mate, shame about the rocky start but great tank!! I will be joining the 800L+ club shortly myself :devil:
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

Amazing to look back on your journey over the years.

Right now, the tank is going through issues again. Not QT'ing, lack of love and laziness have created a few issues which I am addressing now.

Thinking of getting back in the seat and returning it to the glory days!
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
wayne2.0
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 654
Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:27 pm
Posts Per Page: Redland Bay

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by wayne2.0 »

most tanks ebb and flow with the owner's love, hope you get the spark back
Sin
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1189
Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 1:24 am
Posts Per Page: Ashtonfield NSW

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Sin »

Rusty1 wrote:Amazing to look back on your journey over the years.

Right now, the tank is going through issues again. Not QT'ing, lack of love and laziness have created a few issues which I am addressing now.

Thinking of getting back in the seat and returning it to the glory days!


Been in the same situation. Finally found the love again after a year or more of the tank just sitting there.

Good to see you still around :thumbsup:

:cheers: Sin
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Large (800 Litres and Above)”