7ft starphire in wall room divider

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Large Tanks with a Volume of 800 Litres and Above

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Thommo01
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1606
Joined: Sat Aug 07, 2010 1:48 pm
Posts Per Page: Northgate, Adelaide

Re: 7ft starphire in wall room divider

Post by Thommo01 »

Some nice macro shots. Clam looks amazing
DanMang
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 225
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:24 am
Posts Per Page: Ourimbah

Re: 7ft starphire in wall room divider

Post by DanMang »

chris neill 1987 - 'making amazing things look better in photo'. Since forever.
gizmo1
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts Per Page: tarrawanna

Re: 7ft starphire in wall room divider

Post by gizmo1 »

Great shots Chris. Beats my efforts by 100% thank you. Oh and I ordered the melanarus wrasse. :clap:
gizmo1
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts Per Page: tarrawanna

Re: 7ft starphire in wall room divider

Post by gizmo1 »

A quick update. Tank has finally turned a corner and after much hard work with lots of trials and tribulations along the way all seems to be headed in the right direction. Photos to follow soon. Feeling pretty pleased.
gizmo1
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts Per Page: tarrawanna

Re: 7ft starphire in wall room divider

Post by gizmo1 »

ImageImageImage[img http://i1367.photobucket.com/albums/r80 ... qixkas.jpg][/img]. I have finally got things going in the right direction again. Last December I could not keep anything alive no matter what I did. Corals would die off I couldn't even keep a morph alive. So I pulled the tank apart and what little livestock I had left I put into a kids pool on the lounge floor for 6 weeks and started to investigate what was happening. Upon pulling my skimmer out of the sump I found rust stains underneath the base. The skimmer had screws in it that were rusty and they were leaching the rust into the tank. I was not happy. I decided to replace all the screws with plastic screws and took my uv sterilizer offline. I dried all my rock out and started again. Things have not looked back since, and then finally I got growth.
gizmo1
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts Per Page: tarrawanna

Re: 7ft starphire in wall room divider

Post by gizmo1 »

Image
gizmo1
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts Per Page: tarrawanna

Re: 7ft starphire in wall room divider

Post by gizmo1 »

ImageImageImageImage
Pagey
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 126
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:36 am
Posts Per Page: Darwin

Re: 7ft starphire in wall room divider

Post by Pagey »

Well...

To go from everything dying to THAT I would say a huge congrats. It's such a deflating experience having anything die and I can't imagine what it must feel like to have everything die off.

To pick yourself up from that and get to here... Super effort. Really super effort. That is a great looking tank.
gizmo1
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Mon Dec 03, 2012 7:20 pm
Posts Per Page: tarrawanna

Re: 7ft starphire in wall room divider

Post by gizmo1 »

Thank you pagey i really appreciate the comment. I get super excited now just too see a new morph pop it's head up lol.
pyroay
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 407
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:47 pm
Posts Per Page: Traralgon

Re: 7ft starphire in wall room divider

Post by pyroay »

You don't have any issues with the Hammers touching the Scolly's ?
10x4 Mixed Reef
10x4 Predator Tank - Back up and running.

Sustainable reefing with 100% of power consumption offset by Solar
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Large (800 Litres and Above)”