Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics 6/4/20

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
Basenji
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 8545
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:48 am
Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Re: Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics 24/12/12

Post by Basenji »

Finally got around to taking those pictures you were asking for.
Tank still tracking well. Anemones have moved again since the MASS meeting, but have settled into good spots for around the last 3 weeks now.

I still haven't moved the ephippium clowns down from the shed. Have been toying with adding a few schooling fish (Talbots damsels or Barrier Reef Chromis or ... something?) to give a bit more colour and movement, and hopefully coax the shy oblique-lined dottyback out of the rocks a little more frequently. I'm open to suggestions.

The clowns will be the last to go in.

On with the pics:

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Oblique-lined dottyback (Cypho purpurascens)
Image

Image

More pictures available at this gallery
Colin
mailto:?subject=&body=
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. - Jimmy Dean
My Tank Journals:--> 3x2 Project-->Thomas's Tank --> 4 foot display (retired) --> 2 foot Nano (retired)
NewyReefer
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2736
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:46 am
Posts Per Page: Newcastle

Re: Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics 5/10/13

Post by NewyReefer »

Great shots, that dottyback is amazing.
Basenji
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 8545
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:48 am
Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Re: Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics 5/10/13

Post by Basenji »

Thanks Matt. Was lucky to get that shot. He's bloody quick.
Colin
mailto:?subject=&body=
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. - Jimmy Dean
My Tank Journals:--> 3x2 Project-->Thomas's Tank --> 4 foot display (retired) --> 2 foot Nano (retired)
greeni
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2318
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:01 am
Posts Per Page: Farmborough Heights N.S.W

Re: Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics 5/10/13

Post by greeni »

Basenji wrote:Thanks Matt. Was lucky to get that shot. He's bloody quick.

Well done Colin to even get a photo of him! Mine darts out grabs some food and gone again in seconds! They sure are a beautiful colour fish. Gayleen likes your centre piece nem, is it a magnifica?
:cheers: Joe.
MASS Committee Member
Greeni's 5x2.5x2
cody.sheridan-2008
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2639
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:18 am
Posts Per Page: Waverton, North Sydney, NSW Australia 2060
Contact:

Re: Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics 5/10/13

Post by cody.sheridan-2008 »

greeni wrote:
Basenji wrote:Thanks Matt. Was lucky to get that shot. He's bloody quick.

Well done Colin to even get a photo of him! Mine darts out grabs some food and gone again in seconds! They sure are a beautiful colour fish. Gayleen likes your centre piece nem, is it a magnifica?
:cheers: Joe.


The one in the middle is a crispa.

Tank sure is looking good colin, I'm still thinking on what other fish would do well with the clowns.
MASS President 2013, 2014
900x620x500 Rimless SPS tank - Pico time!
Basenji
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 8545
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:48 am
Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Re: Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics 5/10/13

Post by Basenji »

greeni wrote:Well done Colin to even get a photo of him! Mine darts out grabs some food and gone again in seconds! They sure are a beautiful colour fish. Gayleen likes your centre piece nem, is it a magnifica?
:cheers: Joe.

Hi Joe. He seems to be getting a bit braver as time goes on. But I have to admit there was food involved in getting him out for that shot. And I had to be quick!

The Crispa came as a hand-me-down from Chris Neill, like most of my recent acquisitions it would seem ;)
Colin
mailto:?subject=&body=
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. - Jimmy Dean
My Tank Journals:--> 3x2 Project-->Thomas's Tank --> 4 foot display (retired) --> 2 foot Nano (retired)
xixau
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 501
Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:23 pm
Posts Per Page: Central Coast

Re: Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics 5/10/13

Post by xixau »

Hi Colin,
Nice to meet you today, weekly cleaning process didn't make good viewing of my tank.
just look at your journal and Will keep an eye on this one for sure well done! :thumbsup:
Basenji
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 8545
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:48 am
Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Re: Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics 5/10/13

Post by Basenji »

Was good to meet you as well Richard. Thanks for the latest addition to the BTA collection. :thumbsup:
Don't undersell your own tank mate. If that is what it looks like on a cleaning day then I can't wait to see it on a good day. :cheers:
Colin
mailto:?subject=&body=
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. - Jimmy Dean
My Tank Journals:--> 3x2 Project-->Thomas's Tank --> 4 foot display (retired) --> 2 foot Nano (retired)
Basenji
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 8545
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:48 am
Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Re: Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics 26/10/13

Post by Basenji »

On 12/10/13 I finally added the pair of fire clowns (Amphiprion ephippium.
I've had them in my old 2 foot tank since around 2007, and they've spent the last 12 months in the ghetto tank in my shed.
You could almost see the excitement on their faces as they drifted down in the tank after I added them and settled straight into the Crispa and Red BTA.
There were a few fireworks with the purple tang for a few days, with a few torn fins on both sides, but things have settled down nicely.

Image

Image

Image

Image

[youtube]lmlARVJMpW8[/youtube]
Colin
mailto:?subject=&body=
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. - Jimmy Dean
My Tank Journals:--> 3x2 Project-->Thomas's Tank --> 4 foot display (retired) --> 2 foot Nano (retired)
cody.sheridan-2008
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2639
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:18 am
Posts Per Page: Waverton, North Sydney, NSW Australia 2060
Contact:

Re: Basenji's 3x2 Project - new pics and vid 26/10/13

Post by cody.sheridan-2008 »

:clap:

Some more great shots! I continue to thoroughly enjoy all of your updates.
MASS President 2013, 2014
900x620x500 Rimless SPS tank - Pico time!
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks (101 - 799 Litres)”