Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Large Tanks with a Volume of 800 Litres and Above

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

robthepom wrote:Well done Russ, looks great

Its good to actually see the fish, instead of just getting a flash when the food comes out

Whats next on the fish list, wont be long before your overstocked again, hey :wavey:


Hey Rob.

That is very true.

Thinking a Blue Ringed Angel, nice and Big and maybe 1 or 2 more tangs. Olivaceous or Blond Lipstick, not too sure.

I added 10 Chromis and 10 Dispairs on Friday ;)
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

Need a delete option the way these forums are running...
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by chromus »

Or not be old n impatient :roflmao:
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

chromus wrote:Or not be old n impatient :roflmao:


Some of us have to go outside to play ;)
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

My 9001st post should be an update!!!

Well there has been many changes since installing this beast.

Tragically I had a disease wipe out 90% of my fish 2 weeks after setting the tank up. Subsequent treatments and feeble attempts to rectify also lead to losing corals as well. Then came algae and Cyano and basically a mini cycle.


But not to be beaten down and with encouragement from she who must be obeyed I have restocked (partly) and got back to basics.

Follow along on my page if you like for all the adventures https://www.facebook.com/reefinthewall and more pictures.

Image

Image

Image
Image
Image
Image
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by chromus »

Looking good Rus, I may have missed it, are you gonna have a back drop behind the tank to hide the tank room?
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

chromus wrote:Looking good Rus, I may have missed it, are you gonna have a back drop behind the tank to hide the tank room?


Yeah I have been "polling" on FB about Blue or Black. I like both, I want a printed 1 maybe as well. I also like no background as the tank looks crystal clear and you dont see all the floaty bits.

I just cant decide....

Image

Image

Image
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by chromus »

Head to office works for some sugar paper in the blue and black you like and try them, $10 experiment.

They can also print a "banner" onto vinyl but that gets exxy.
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

The blue and black are samples already.

As for the print, well that is a cheapy for me. I sell the media so just need the image ;)
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
Alf D
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4321
Joined: Thu May 20, 2004 9:59 pm
Posts Per Page: Fountaindale...Central Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Alf D »

With my old tank, I had a sheet of corflute, black vinyl one side and blue the other.
When I got bored with one colour, I reversed the corflute.
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Large (800 Litres and Above)”