Tanks with Webcams Index
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: General Discussion
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
working now
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
trimixdiver
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
Thanks chromus.
For the record...This new Modem kicks arse:)
For the record...This new Modem kicks arse:)
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
google fritzbox, then come back to me :p
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
trimixdiver
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
chromus wrote:google fritzbox, then come back to me :p
Sounds like a super fast modem ....only one problem mate don't have Broadband in my area
only ADSL , telstra was telling me the other day 6-12 month min....Just checked my speed :
Download Speed 3.45Mbps
Upload Speed .32Mbps
Tony
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
Fritz has really good noise rejection I am 1.78km from the exchange by cable (so the fritz says) andget a solid lock at 23.8Mbit with real downloads of about 2.1Mbyte/sec
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
trimixdiver
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
chromus wrote:Fritz has really good noise rejection I am 1.78km from the exchange by cable (so the fritz says) andget a solid lock at 23.8Mbit with real downloads of about 2.1Mbyte/sec
Don't we like to brag ...
Tony
-
Macca_75
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2772
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
- Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
Hey Guys,
I think I've finally found a better webcam solution.
Have a look at http://macca.myreef.info:8080/javascript_simple.html
So far I've tested in Chrome and IE11 on Windows (both browsers on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1) and Chrome and Safari on iPhone. Seems to work with most browsers.
I currently have it set to 1 fps as that's all I can upload, however when run at 30 fps the stream is smooth on local WiFi.
PS - 22/01/15 - I will have my lights off for the day however there should be ambient daylight once the curtains are opened in the house
I think I've finally found a better webcam solution.
Have a look at http://macca.myreef.info:8080/javascript_simple.html
So far I've tested in Chrome and IE11 on Windows (both browsers on Windows 7 and Windows 8.1) and Chrome and Safari on iPhone. Seems to work with most browsers.
I currently have it set to 1 fps as that's all I can upload, however when run at 30 fps the stream is smooth on local WiFi.
PS - 22/01/15 - I will have my lights off for the day however there should be ambient daylight once the curtains are opened in the house

-
trimixdiver
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
Looks decent.. what cam you using ?
-
Macca_75
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2772
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
- Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
-
trimixdiver
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 169
- Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
Is mine working had some problems with it ...