Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Just started out in the world of marine aquariums? Daunted by all the information, conflicting advice and just wondering what you should do? This is a forum for all of those that are new to the hobby to ask all and any beginner type of questions.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: New to the Hobby

Sharky1
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 70
Joined: Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:10 pm
Posts Per Page: Swan Valley
Contact:

Re: Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Post by Sharky1 »

Very true & good advice. Although a newby to marine, I've been an aquarist for 17yrs. A lot of the advice there is suitable to all types of aquariums. It's really easy to go overboard with useless technology. Sometimes simplicity works just as well. And yes, knowing your equipment & your own limits is highly under rated & usually comes with the cost of trial & error. Anyhoo, I found that article very interesting & appreciate the advice in it. Thanks.
Ty1989
Curious Reefer
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:00 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Post by Ty1989 »

I am new to saltwater Aquariums and I really appreciated this.

More stuff like this to serve as new knowledge for newbies like me keen to learn would be great.

Cheers Tone :cheers:

Ty.
firefly73
Starting to get the hang of this place
Posts: 9
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:11 pm
Posts Per Page: Adelaide

Re: Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Post by firefly73 »

yep and not just saltwater fresh too did some one just chuck a rock at me? lol great info !!!!!
3M_ReefTanks
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:54 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Post by 3M_ReefTanks »

That's a very honest and useful articles. Thank you for sharing :book:
Scottvh
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 2
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2015 12:45 pm
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Post by Scottvh »

Very good read
Dave.32
Starting to get the hang of this place
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon May 01, 2017 9:23 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Post by Dave.32 »

Tone wrote:This should be stickied, please.

In some ways, these messages are repeated continuously over the years.

http://reefkeeping.com/joomla/index.php ... nt&print=1

Tone :)


I just started with my reef. This stuff is so helpful! Thank you for that link.
ShrimpKing
Lurking Reefer
Posts: 10
Joined: Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:07 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Post by ShrimpKing »

This is one of the best aquatic article I have read online. Many thanks for the share :)
Tirtho111
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:57 am
Posts Per Page: canada

Re: Seven Habits of Highly Successful Newbies

Post by Tirtho111 »

nice one if only newbies would read it
It all sounds like good advice and a bit of common sense.
Post Reply

Return to “New to the Hobby”