terbits 6x2x2.5

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

terbit
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:39 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: terbits 6x2x2.5

Post by terbit »

gussssy!!!! wrote:can i ask what helped you decide on the blue back ground. i currently have black on my 3ft but hopefully towards the end of the year i will have a new 6ft. i really like the blue as well but a powder blue tang (to be purchased one day :crossfingers:) would loook better against a black background i think. any other ideas on what helped you decide? :-s


Reason for the change in colour I have had Black for about 8 years and got sick of it.
:cheers:
gussssy!!!!
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1056
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:36 am
Posts Per Page: Eatons Hill (brisbane northside)

Re: terbits 6x2x2.5

Post by gussssy!!!! »

Fair enough, sounds like a good reason :cheers:
My Tank Journal -----> viewtopic.php?f=148&t=236228
terbit
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:39 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: terbits 6x2x2.5

Post by terbit »

A couple of new additions since the tank change over last week.

Image

Image

Image

and an old favourite

Image

Current FTS

Image
:cheers:
MeLLeR
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3263
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:28 am
Posts Per Page: Cairns

Re: terbits 6x2x2.5

Post by MeLLeR »

Photo if the blueface was just tease me wasnt it! :roflmao:

New tank and your photos seem to improve!
blown36
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue May 28, 2013 12:07 am
Posts Per Page: Mackay

Re: terbits 6x2x2.5

Post by blown36 »

Great tank, just read thruough your journal.

Glad I found it as my project I want to revive used metal halides and I was starting to think a conversion to leds or t5's was going to have to happen, however I cant justify it if the power consumption is the same there abouts? The heat may be les and that was something I struggled with up here in NQ. My tank is also 2.5 deep andf I was hoping to use the 2 150W MH's and 2 Actinics, but I see you have gone to 250W. I used to have 250W but came back to 150's in an attempt to reduce the heat. A new big chiller is in the plan for the revival.

Are the XM globes available in Australia or did you have to get them sent across?

Must be time for an update on the new tank. :poke:
:cheers:
terbit
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:39 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: terbits 6x2x2.5

Post by terbit »

blown36 wrote:Great tank, just read thruough your journal.

Glad I found it as my project I want to revive used metal halides and I was starting to think a conversion to leds or t5's was going to have to happen, however I cant justify it if the power consumption is the same there abouts? The heat may be les and that was something I struggled with up here in NQ. My tank is also 2.5 deep andf I was hoping to use the 2 150W MH's and 2 Actinics, but I see you have gone to 250W. I used to have 250W but came back to 150's in an attempt to reduce the heat. A new big chiller is in the plan for the revival.

Are the XM globes available in Australia or did you have to get them sent across?

Must be time for an update on the new tank. :poke:
:cheers:


Hi Blown
Mate the XM globes are available here from the reefshop http://thereefshop.com.au/index.php?mai ... cPath=5_37
:cheers: Brett
terbit
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:39 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: terbits 6x2x2.5

Post by terbit »

A few new additions

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
ssscuz
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3037
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:20 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: terbits 6x2x2.5

Post by ssscuz »

Nice additions mate. Love the moorish pair!!
terbit
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:39 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: terbits 6x2x2.5

Post by terbit »

ssscuz wrote:Nice additions mate. Love the moorish pair!!


Unfortunately the pair were short lived :furious:
Have had the Waveline skimmer pump replaced by Andries :thumbsup: so now the ATI is going great again.
Unfortunately the Waveline return pump power supply decided to ship itself :wall: so have gone back to the old OR6500 for the time being :)
:cheers:
greeni
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2318
Joined: Mon Dec 08, 2008 1:01 am
Posts Per Page: Farmborough Heights N.S.W

Re: terbits 6x2x2.5

Post by greeni »

Hi Brett, nice open scape in the new tank, looks great :clap: Sorry to hear about the idols, wouldn't feed?
:cheers:
MASS Committee Member
Greeni's 5x2.5x2
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks (101 - 799 Litres)”