Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
ole
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 179
- Joined: Tue Jun 24, 2008 1:06 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W
Holy cow! Just read the whole tank journal, very nice build.
It's going to look awesome when you start stocking it.
It's going to look awesome when you start stocking it.
-
reefaddiction
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 828
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W
ole wrote:Holy cow! Just read the whole tank journal, very nice build.
It's going to look awesome when you start stocking it.
Thanks so much.
I'm itching to get it stocked. Nothing worse than looking at a bare tank...
-
wayne2.0
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 654
- Joined: Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:27 pm
- Posts Per Page: Redland Bay
Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W
Not many people can resist stocking without a QT on a new tank. Even when we all know better
I know I would roll the dice on it,
I know I would roll the dice on it,
-
miralami
- Starting to get the hang of this place
- Posts: 5
- Joined: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:10 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W
You did everything perfect so far, don't compromise.
QT and treat your fish and never look back.
Happy Reefing Joe
QT and treat your fish and never look back.
Happy Reefing Joe
-
slawman
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1179
- Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:58 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W
I would QT but only because I have learnt that by doing without. Such a massive PIA to bring in sick fish, particularly in a massive tank.
The winner is the one who has had the most fun at the end
Solar Reef: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248587
My Cube : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=216858
A long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=177925
Solar Reef: viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248587
My Cube : viewtopic.php?f=51&t=216858
A long time ago: viewtopic.php?f=51&t=177925
-
swazzle
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 452
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 am
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W
How's it all going man? You back from traveling?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
ssscuz
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3037
- Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:20 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W
Yeah Joe, post up your shiney new gear and corals!!
It's not a reef without some coral eaters, reefing on the edge.
Nathan's Starfire Stick 6fter
Nathans Mixed Reef 4ft (closed down aug 2013)
Join the Marine Society of Victoria today!!
Nathan's Starfire Stick 6fter
Nathans Mixed Reef 4ft (closed down aug 2013)
Join the Marine Society of Victoria today!!
-
reefaddiction
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 828
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W
Hi All,
It's been quite a busy few months with the tank and life in general. Lots has happened tank wise since my last post.
Tank has cycled (total of 9 weeks) and I have added some fish and coral.
Current list of fish:
- Powder blue
- Blue Tang
- Yellow Tang
- Mandarin
- Bio-Colour Blenny
I've got a never ending list of things I would like to set-up in the fish room and I'm slowly chipping away at it. Current priorities are to finish off the electrical panel (mount everything), set-up the auto water changing system and get the tank parameters in check.
Plenty of photos (sorry about quality) of what I have done/bought in the last few months.
Week 4 of cycle.




Pacific Sun Kore 5th set up for ATO

Geo's Reef CR818 arrived late last week along with some media... Waiting on the Eheim pump and PH probe to get it up and running





Some photos of the coral and fish I have bought recently. Also some FTS of what the tank currently looks like. I know it's still early days for SPS but I wanted some pieces to try out and see how they go.
[














Gyre XF150 and MP40 QD wet sides.


QT Set-up for the first lot of fish. Has been taken down since as it takes up too much space and have other plans for that area.

DIY Apex Break-out box - Going to use this for some float valves to monitor any unexpected water levels in the sump and skimmer.




It's been quite a busy few months with the tank and life in general. Lots has happened tank wise since my last post.
Tank has cycled (total of 9 weeks) and I have added some fish and coral.
Current list of fish:
- Powder blue
- Blue Tang
- Yellow Tang
- Mandarin
- Bio-Colour Blenny
I've got a never ending list of things I would like to set-up in the fish room and I'm slowly chipping away at it. Current priorities are to finish off the electrical panel (mount everything), set-up the auto water changing system and get the tank parameters in check.
Plenty of photos (sorry about quality) of what I have done/bought in the last few months.
Week 4 of cycle.




Pacific Sun Kore 5th set up for ATO

Geo's Reef CR818 arrived late last week along with some media... Waiting on the Eheim pump and PH probe to get it up and running





Some photos of the coral and fish I have bought recently. Also some FTS of what the tank currently looks like. I know it's still early days for SPS but I wanted some pieces to try out and see how they go.
[















Gyre XF150 and MP40 QD wet sides.


QT Set-up for the first lot of fish. Has been taken down since as it takes up too much space and have other plans for that area.

DIY Apex Break-out box - Going to use this for some float valves to monitor any unexpected water levels in the sump and skimmer.




Last edited by reefaddiction on Fri Aug 04, 2017 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
reefaddiction
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 828
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W
wayne2.0 wrote:Not many people can resist stocking without a QT on a new tank. Even when we all know better![]()
I know I would roll the dice on it,
Thanks mate. Yep I certainly do know better but have decided to go down the path of FW dip new fish and see how it goes.
-
reefaddiction
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 828
- Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
Re: Joe's 8ft x 2.5ft x 2.2ft "In wall" tank & Fish room - W
slawman wrote:I would QT but only because I have learnt that by doing without. Such a massive PIA to bring in sick fish, particularly in a massive tank.
Thanks for the feedback. Yes I agree and you are right but I have gone down the path of QTing before and still ended up with Ich (probably due to my own error). I also lost some fish throughout that process which made it daunting and didn't allow me to enjoy the hobby as much.
Hopefully I've made the right decision and only time will tell
