first attempt at a nano

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Nano and Pico Tanks with a Volume less than 100 litres.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

swazzle
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: first attempt at a nano

Post by swazzle »

Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bigman123
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2017 1:11 pm
Posts Per Page: Cooranbong, NSW

Re: first attempt at a nano

Post by bigman123 »

This really makes me want to start a nano tank! lol
swazzle
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: first attempt at a nano

Post by swazzle »

bigman123 wrote:This really makes me want to start a nano tank! lol


It was meant to just be a holding tank which has turned into a proper tank! Never nano'd before and I am really enjoying the little tanks.

Image

I am really loving this strawberry shortcake acro!

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bangalang
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:57 pm
Posts Per Page: canberra

Re: first attempt at a nano

Post by Bangalang »

Yeah got to love the shortcakes, one of my faves.
swazzle
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: first attempt at a nano

Post by swazzle »

Newest edition Mandy the mandarin

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
555combo
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 457
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:43 am
Posts Per Page: Manly, QLD.

Re: first attempt at a nano

Post by 555combo »

What's your pop population like for the Mandy? Hopefully you can get it onto prepared food quickly (if it isn't already).

Tank is looking great. I might have to start up a Nano again :)
Cheers,
Aaron.

*******************************************
4x2x1.5 Mixed Reef
AquaNano 40 Tank Journal - Now Shutdown
swazzle
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: first attempt at a nano

Post by swazzle »

555combo wrote:What's your pop population like for the Mandy? Hopefully you can get it onto prepared food quickly (if it isn't already).

Tank is looking great. I might have to start up a Nano again :)


Heaps of pods that's kinda why I was like well a mandarin will be good for that. But I have bought a range of frozen stuff to see if Mandy will prefer one over the other to get eating normal stuff as well as pods. I've been keeping my nutrients a little higher than normal which I think helped with the pod explosion. So nitrates between 2.5-5 and phosphate 0.03. It's pretty sps dominant and they seem to enjoy the slightly higher nutrients colonies have been really bright and vivid.

Yeah I've really enjoyed having this little nano, I'm moving soon and I think I will upgrade it to a slightly bigger one maybe like 100L but I probably will always have a nano as well as a large tank now


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
swazzle
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: first attempt at a nano

Post by swazzle »

Mandy the mandarin settling in well and really fattening up! Enjoying taking care of my pods

Image

And an angle of the tank I rarely photograph/post

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
swazzle
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: first attempt at a nano

Post by swazzle »

Image

Image

Image


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Nano/Pico (Less than 100 Litres)”