
DREAM BOX 5 X 3 X 2 peninsula
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
blacjack
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:01 am
- Posts Per Page: Orange, NSW
- Contact:
Re: DREAM BOX 5 X 3 X 2
Very neat there Nick, can't wait to see what you do with your tank 

-
Amphibian
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1293
- Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 am
- Posts Per Page: sydney
Re: DREAM BOX 5 X 3 X 2
Well i received the stand , it was powder-coated in pearl white .
looks good , now this is where the fun begins.

I found some neat stainless steel multi-adjustable pedestal feet ,with a pivoting base plate and anti slip vibration pad . they are rated at 800kg each.
I have 6 on the stand , its not going anywhere.



looks good , now this is where the fun begins.

I found some neat stainless steel multi-adjustable pedestal feet ,with a pivoting base plate and anti slip vibration pad . they are rated at 800kg each.
I have 6 on the stand , its not going anywhere.



Dreambox 5x3x2 viewtopic.php?f=145&t=263224
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
-
Amphibian
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1293
- Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 am
- Posts Per Page: sydney
Re: DREAM BOX 5 X 3 X 2
I sealed the stand with white poly urethane, it covers lots of sins.
next was to line the top and bottom with 17mm form ply from bunnings .
I used this instead of marine ply for 3 reasons .
1 - it was less than half the cost .
2- it has a smooth black coating that makes it impermeable to moisture , all I had to do was seal the ends
3- I didn't need the structural strength of marine ply . form ply is just as good .

next was to line the top and bottom with 17mm form ply from bunnings .
I used this instead of marine ply for 3 reasons .
1 - it was less than half the cost .
2- it has a smooth black coating that makes it impermeable to moisture , all I had to do was seal the ends
3- I didn't need the structural strength of marine ply . form ply is just as good .

Dreambox 5x3x2 viewtopic.php?f=145&t=263224
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
-
blacjack
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2383
- Joined: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:01 am
- Posts Per Page: Orange, NSW
- Contact:
Re: DREAM BOX 5 X 3 X 2
Coming along nicely. The form ply is good stuff alright.
-
BlakeyBoyR
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 993
- Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:22 am
- Posts Per Page: Greystanes (Sydney), NSW.
Re: DREAM BOX 5 X 3 X 2
Looking good Nick!
I'm not addicted to Aquaria, I can quit any time I want ...
-
Amphibian
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1293
- Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 am
- Posts Per Page: sydney
Re: DREAM BOX 5 X 3 X 2
I'm lining top of the form ply with rubber tile from Bunnings .
I have used this product before with good results.
It has good things going for it , provides a great base for the tank and flexible to accomodate any irregularities
In the tank and or ply base.
Colour is cool as well .



I have used this product before with good results.
It has good things going for it , provides a great base for the tank and flexible to accomodate any irregularities
In the tank and or ply base.
Colour is cool as well .



Dreambox 5x3x2 viewtopic.php?f=145&t=263224
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
-
Amphibian
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1293
- Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 am
- Posts Per Page: sydney
Re: DREAM BOX 5 X 3 X 2
The base got covered with 3mm white gloss acrylic , I want that clean look to high light the equipment .
it will also assist to wipe up any spills and dust that shows up.
the set up lives in my garage /fish room so its always going to get dusty.
I may need to get the Mrs. in there once a week with the dyson and give it a once over
just as well she doesn't read these posts


it will also assist to wipe up any spills and dust that shows up.
the set up lives in my garage /fish room so its always going to get dusty.
I may need to get the Mrs. in there once a week with the dyson and give it a once over
just as well she doesn't read these posts


Dreambox 5x3x2 viewtopic.php?f=145&t=263224
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
-
xixau
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 501
- Joined: Fri Jul 07, 2006 11:23 pm
- Posts Per Page: Central Coast
-
slavetonet
- RTAW Reefer
- Posts: 88
- Joined: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:24 pm
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: DREAM BOX 5 X 3 X 2
My eyes is bleeding with all these tech. 

-
daves88
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 170
- Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2014 8:20 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: DREAM BOX 5 X 3 X 2
Looking awesome Nick
This is going to be one hell of a setup...
This is going to be one hell of a setup...