My first dip into marine Mitras LED 3x2x2 starfire tank

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Bangalang
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:57 pm
Posts Per Page: canberra

Re: My first dip into marine Mitras LED 3x2x2 starfire tank

Post by Bangalang »

Looking great! I'm putting together a 3x2x2 at the moment too so I might tag along and borrow some ideas :devil:
sharktale
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Nov 01, 2013 10:18 am
Posts Per Page: Lilydale, Vic

Re: My first dip into marine Mitras LED 3x2x2 starfire tank

Post by sharktale »

Looking Good so far,keep up the Good work :thumbsup:
Old Tank thread link:http://www.ultimatereef.net/forums/showthread.php?t=376924
whiteq's
Curious Reefer
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 am
Posts Per Page: Victoria, Australia

Re: My first dip into marine Mitras LED 3x2x2 starfire tank

Post by whiteq's »

Thanks for the support guys.

So more progress. I went to Clark Rubber yesterday and got a piece of high density foam to place the stand on. Wow that stuff is expensive, it was $118 just for the 4ft by 2.5ft.

Anyway, I placed it on the tiled surface that I'm placing the tank on. This is the best place in the house as it is a cement slab. There is a draw back in that the room is fully made out of glass, but I have no where else that I can put it, so I'll have to deal with that.

I also went to my LFS and bout some polystyrene for between the stand and the tank.

Next up is plumbing.

The only regret that I have is that I wish that I made the stand slightly shorter. Oh well.

So here are some pics.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248789 My 3x2x2 Mitras LED Starfire tank Journal.
Bangalang
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 659
Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:57 pm
Posts Per Page: canberra

Re: My first dip into marine Mitras LED 3x2x2 starfire tank

Post by Bangalang »

How is this tank going mate?
whiteq's
Curious Reefer
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:03 am
Posts Per Page: Victoria, Australia

Re: My first dip into marine Mitras LED 3x2x2 starfire tank

Post by whiteq's »

Bangalang wrote:How is this tank going mate?


Hello, this has unfortunately gone nowhere. My wife and I have had one child, another on the way and renovated the house. Not sure if this is going in the new house, or bend to what my wife wants and buy an all in one like a redsea max or something? Do you get anywhere near what you spent back on these things? I presume not?
http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=248789 My 3x2x2 Mitras LED Starfire tank Journal.
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks (101 - 799 Litres)”