Breeding again.

Discussion on breeding & propagating marine fish, corals & other species.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Propagation & Breeding

gpsmart
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 263
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:23 am
Posts Per Page: Bedfordale, Western Australia

Re: Breeding again.

Post by gpsmart »

Hi Brad,
I gave up using live green water a long time ago. Too easy to contaminate the green water culture with rotifers and then you lose the lot. Also too much work. I use concentrated frozen algae. Works much better but makes a hell of a mess if you spill it and it’s expensive. Same issue as you experienced, you have to keep the water clean with regular partial changes and the occasional complete clean out. It’s pretty easy to keep the rotifers going this way.
Currently I have Perculas, Ocellaris and GSM’s with other clowns not yet spawning. I’ve also got Orchid dottybacks spawning and a couple of other juvenile pairs. Struggling for room but I’m always on the lookout for something different.
Graham
garcia45
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:41 pm
Posts Per Page: liverpool

Re: Breeding again.

Post by garcia45 »

Fish can be raised in three aquariums with a volume of 400 liters. A large volume is needed so that they are comfortable and have enough oxygen. I found here many different aspects when breeding ornamental fish. Aquariums are best installed in one tier. Also, containers can not be placed near heating and heating appliances. I didn’t know that.
Insert Business Name (required):, Insert Address (if required)
Insert Phone # (if required), Insert Website url (if required)
Image
Post Reply

Return to “Propagation & Breeding”