Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
Grubby
- Lurking Reefer
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Forest Lake
Re: Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
Nice, so let me make sense of all of this. You have the bakki plate below the refugum which sits on egg crate. Looks like you have added more glass baffles to your sump and increased the water level. Correct ?
-
mick777
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 am
- Posts Per Page: Port Macquarie NSW
Re: Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
Grubby wrote:Nice, so let me make sense of all of this. You have the bakki plate below the refugum which sits on egg crate. Looks like you have added more glass baffles to your sump and increased the water level. Correct ?
Just added a divider made from report cover spines from office works and Plastic Mesh 7 Count Canvas Sheet from spotlight and a 3D printed black comb to keep the macro algae in one area of the sump, because were the protein skimmer sits it’s just one large open area

-
Grubby
- Lurking Reefer
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Forest Lake
Re: Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
I think I am gonna have to get me a 3D printer.What sort of 3D printer would you recommend ?
Yes its amazing what you can utilise from chain stores in the Aquarium. Office Works, Spotlight, Bunnings, Ikea and Daiso have all yielded things for my hobby.
Also I see you sump is the after Market Aqua One glass sump Multi divider, now I understand. All good.
Yes its amazing what you can utilise from chain stores in the Aquarium. Office Works, Spotlight, Bunnings, Ikea and Daiso have all yielded things for my hobby.
Also I see you sump is the after Market Aqua One glass sump Multi divider, now I understand. All good.
-
jok3r801
- Hi, I am new around here!
- Posts: 4
- Joined: Tue Nov 06, 2018 12:23 am
- Posts Per Page: sydney
Re: Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
Awesome setup you have going there mick.
How are you finding the Bacteria House Bio Block?
I purchased 2 of these for my tank i am setting up. Would be good to get feed back from others.
How are you finding the Bacteria House Bio Block?
I purchased 2 of these for my tank i am setting up. Would be good to get feed back from others.
-
mick777
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 am
- Posts Per Page: Port Macquarie NSW
Re: Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
Grubby wrote:I think I am gonna have to get me a 3D printer.What sort of 3D printer would you recommend ?
Yes its amazing what you can utilise from chain stores in the Aquarium. Office Works, Spotlight, Bunnings, Ikea and Daiso have all yielded things for my hobby.
Also I see you sump is the after Market Aqua One glass sump Multi divider, now I understand. All good.
I have two Anycubic 3d printers and are happy with both, Ones a linear delta Plus and the other is i3 mega, both purchased from the Anycubic official ebay store form Australian stock for great prices
jok3r801 wrote:Awesome setup you have going there mick.
How are you finding the Bacteria House Bio Block?
I purchased 2 of these for my tank i am setting up. Would be good to get feed back from others.
Yeah seems to be good at the moment, it does float for a bit when you first put in, but it did sink to bottom of sump after 24h or so
Last edited by mick777 on Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
mick777
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 am
- Posts Per Page: Port Macquarie NSW
Re: Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
My DIY Light Shade/Reflector using some 3d printing, Aluminium Foil Tape, plastic panel from the bottom of 2 reusable bags and 2 report spine holders




-
Grubby
- Lurking Reefer
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Forest Lake
Re: Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
What is the light ?
-
mick777
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 am
- Posts Per Page: Port Macquarie NSW
Re: Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
Aqua one Extendable Mini Touch LED, it has red blue and white leds. probably not the best light but I already had it and it fits great, 
-
mick777
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 am
- Posts Per Page: Port Macquarie NSW
Re: Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
Was meant to post this about a week ago.
added 4 turbo snails to help with algae


and a few corals





attached this purple star to a removable rock, just in case I need to keep its size down

and this i got for free as they said it had not opened, so I thought lets see if i can make it happy

added 4 turbo snails to help with algae


and a few corals





attached this purple star to a removable rock, just in case I need to keep its size down

and this i got for free as they said it had not opened, so I thought lets see if i can make it happy

Last edited by mick777 on Sat May 11, 2019 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
mick777
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 133
- Joined: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:01 am
- Posts Per Page: Port Macquarie NSW
Re: Mick's Aquaone Minireef 160
after a week of being in the tank it looks better

Also Got a Baby Bubble tip anemone (about 2cm in size)

also some clown fish and another coral



Also Got a Baby Bubble tip anemone (about 2cm in size)

also some clown fish and another coral

