Rodjer_Ramjet's 8x3x2.5 Inwall Build

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Large Tanks with a Volume of 800 Litres and Above

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

reefaddiction
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 828
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Rodjer_Ramjet's New House 8x3x2.5 1800L Inwall Build

Post by reefaddiction »

rodjer_ramjet wrote:Anyone Running Tunze Stream 3's? they look pretty good on paper. Plus 5 year warranty is great.

What dosing pump setup would you recommend? I'm looking at PacSun Kore 5th, for ATO, AWC, 2Part and Trace dosing?

Has anyone used an Alk Monitor? Pacific Sun are releasing one that you can couple to 2 part dosing or Calc reactor, looks amazing if it works.

Any other off the shelf Auto Water Change systems around to do up to 50l/day will need to control a remote NSW pump with 3.5m Head?


I've got a PacSun Kore 5th as my ATO and Doser. I personally haven't had any issues but others have. I'm looking at selling mine eventually and going with the apex ATK.

Haven't got an ALK monitor/control. They're still too expensive. I wouldn't hold my breath on the pacsun one.

For AWC I use the litremeter exchange set-up. Works a treat. It's very basic and effective.
cgunther
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 185
Joined: Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:33 pm
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Rodjer_Ramjet's 8x3x2.5 Inwall Build

Post by cgunther »

Don't use the Kamoer F05X. There are software problems that have caused multiple litres of CA or Alk to be dosed into my tank. Also it left an auto water change pump on which got really hot and jammed.

I think the Kamoer is similar to the Kore. 3 heads for 3 part, 2 heads for auto water change (water in, waste out), and a power output to control an external pump for ATO. It relies on an extra kit (available in the pro version) for the sensors and pump for the ATO function.
The kore can do up to 80ml per minute. To change 50L per day the dosing head will need to be on for 10.5 hours. I reckon it would overheat well before then.

Perhaps look at a custom solution for AWC with an aquarium controller, stenner pump, litre meter iii or genesis reef systems. There might be more ideas here. http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=254957

Your ATO may need to be aware of your auto water change. One advantage of keeping them in the same unit.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
colg
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 640
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
Posts Per Page: Mackay

Re: Rodjer_Ramjet's 8x3x2.5 Inwall Build

Post by colg »

cgunther wrote:Your ATO may need to be aware of your auto water change. One advantage of keeping them in the same unit.
Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk


Cant speak for the other systems, but if you use a litermeter you shouldn't have to worry about this. Water changes are carried out 150 times a day, so 50L would equate to 333ml each time. This should not register on the ato unless your return section is very small.
rodjer_ramjet
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 188
Joined: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:40 am
Posts Per Page: Shailer Park, Logan

Re: Rodjer_Ramjet's 8x3x2.5 Inwall Build

Post by rodjer_ramjet »

Thanks for the feedback the litremeter looks great, if it's that reliable I'll go with that.

I really like the look of the calcfeeder reactor tho is anyone using a calcium reactor with dosing pump for tank feed?

Seems to be a lot of horror stories with doses failing on and not off and dumping 2part into tank. One reason I would like to have it controlled through an apex or similar so you can ensure it fails off. I guess nothing is fullproof.
http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=145&t=268702
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Large (800 Litres and Above)”