Dai89's 7x2.5x2
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
Dai89
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 am
- Posts Per Page: Canberra
Re: Dai89's 7x2.5x2
UPDATE TIME:
I've had a few changes throughout the months on what fish I want in the tank, what I want lighting the tank and what corals and inverts I want to keep.
I've managed to organised a Skimz SM302 for the skimmer.
I've also ordered a pair of Jebao RW20s, and I may add 2 tunze stream 3s next year.
For lighting I've going to trial both LED and T5 ( it sounds horrible I know), I've got a 6 x 54w ati powermodule for the middle of the tank, and then 2 kessil A 360wes to cover the sides. I will most likely purchase a 10x80 watt or 8 x 80 watt Pacific Sun diuna next year as well.
For Livestock, I'll still have LPS but the tank will be predominantly Acropora/montipora.
I love the idea of Russian roulette and recently wacthed Austin Lefevre's presentation at MACNA on the BRS website, so I'll be getting a few pairs of angelfish for this tank. At this moment I'm looking at Chaetodontoplus Meredithi (false personifer) or Doublayi (scribbled). So I'll be getting a pair when I return from the US in January.
the final stocking list is now looking like;
pair of Chaetodontoplus sp
pair of geniacanthus sp
zebrasoma desjardinii
1 salarias fasciatus
pair of amphipirion occelaris
2 cirrhilabrus (naokoae in particular)?
7 to 8 dispar anthias (probably in 2019)?
I'll think about whether it's worth my while adding the fairy wrasse and anthias, as I would rather have a lower number of livestock that is well fed than a huge number of fish fighting to feed. I will be feeding 8 times a day.
I've moved away form Cryptic fish as they seem likely to perish and whilst they look cool, I'd rather not lose fish.
Either way I aim to put a few pics up by mid-November of the tank once it is built.
I've had a few changes throughout the months on what fish I want in the tank, what I want lighting the tank and what corals and inverts I want to keep.
I've managed to organised a Skimz SM302 for the skimmer.
I've also ordered a pair of Jebao RW20s, and I may add 2 tunze stream 3s next year.
For lighting I've going to trial both LED and T5 ( it sounds horrible I know), I've got a 6 x 54w ati powermodule for the middle of the tank, and then 2 kessil A 360wes to cover the sides. I will most likely purchase a 10x80 watt or 8 x 80 watt Pacific Sun diuna next year as well.
For Livestock, I'll still have LPS but the tank will be predominantly Acropora/montipora.
I love the idea of Russian roulette and recently wacthed Austin Lefevre's presentation at MACNA on the BRS website, so I'll be getting a few pairs of angelfish for this tank. At this moment I'm looking at Chaetodontoplus Meredithi (false personifer) or Doublayi (scribbled). So I'll be getting a pair when I return from the US in January.
the final stocking list is now looking like;
pair of Chaetodontoplus sp
pair of geniacanthus sp
zebrasoma desjardinii
1 salarias fasciatus
pair of amphipirion occelaris
2 cirrhilabrus (naokoae in particular)?
7 to 8 dispar anthias (probably in 2019)?
I'll think about whether it's worth my while adding the fairy wrasse and anthias, as I would rather have a lower number of livestock that is well fed than a huge number of fish fighting to feed. I will be feeding 8 times a day.
I've moved away form Cryptic fish as they seem likely to perish and whilst they look cool, I'd rather not lose fish.
Either way I aim to put a few pics up by mid-November of the tank once it is built.
-
Dai89
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 am
- Posts Per Page: Canberra
Re: Dai89's 7x2.5x2
UPDATE TIME:
I've had a few changes throughout the months on what fish I want in the tank, what I want lighting the tank and what corals and inverts I want to keep.
I've managed to organised a Skimz SM302 for the skimmer.
I've also ordered a pair of Jebao RW20s, and I may add 2 tunze stream 3s next year.
For lighting I've going to trial both LED and T5 ( it sounds horrible I know), I've got a 6 x 54w ati powermodule for the middle of the tank, and then 2 kessil A 360wes to cover the sides. I will most likely purchase a 10x80 watt or 8 x 80 watt Pacific Sun diuna next year as well.
For Livestock, I'll still have LPS but the tank will be predominantly Acropora/montipora.
I love the idea of Russian roulette and recently wacthed Austin Lefevre's presentation at MACNA on the BRS website, so I'll be getting a few pairs of angelfish for this tank. At this moment I'm looking at Chaetodontoplus Meredithi (false personifer) or Doublayi (scribbled). So I'll be getting a pair when I return from the US in January.
the final stocking list is now looking like;
pair of Chaetodontoplus sp
pair of geniacanthus sp
zebrasoma desjardinii
1 salarias fasciatus
pair of amphipirion occelaris
2 cirrhilabrus (naokoae in particular)?
7 to 8 dispar anthias (probably in 2019)?
I'll think about whether it's worth my while adding the fairy wrasse and anthias, as I would rather have a lower number of livestock that is well fed than a huge number of fish fighting to feed. I will be feeding 8 times a day.
I've moved away form Cryptic fish as they seem likely to perish and whilst they look cool, I'd rather not lose fish.
Either way I aim to put a few pics up by mid-November of the tank once it is built.
I've had a few changes throughout the months on what fish I want in the tank, what I want lighting the tank and what corals and inverts I want to keep.
I've managed to organised a Skimz SM302 for the skimmer.
I've also ordered a pair of Jebao RW20s, and I may add 2 tunze stream 3s next year.
For lighting I've going to trial both LED and T5 ( it sounds horrible I know), I've got a 6 x 54w ati powermodule for the middle of the tank, and then 2 kessil A 360wes to cover the sides. I will most likely purchase a 10x80 watt or 8 x 80 watt Pacific Sun diuna next year as well.
For Livestock, I'll still have LPS but the tank will be predominantly Acropora/montipora.
I love the idea of Russian roulette and recently wacthed Austin Lefevre's presentation at MACNA on the BRS website, so I'll be getting a few pairs of angelfish for this tank. At this moment I'm looking at Chaetodontoplus Meredithi (false personifer) or Doublayi (scribbled). So I'll be getting a pair when I return from the US in January.
the final stocking list is now looking like;
pair of Chaetodontoplus sp
pair of geniacanthus sp
zebrasoma desjardinii
1 salarias fasciatus
pair of amphipirion occelaris
2 cirrhilabrus (naokoae in particular)?
7 to 8 dispar anthias (probably in 2019)?
I'll think about whether it's worth my while adding the fairy wrasse and anthias, as I would rather have a lower number of livestock that is well fed than a huge number of fish fighting to feed. I will be feeding 8 times a day.
I've moved away form Cryptic fish as they seem likely to perish and whilst they look cool, I'd rather not lose fish.
Either way I aim to put a few pics up by mid-November of the tank once it is built.
-
Bangalang
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 659
- Joined: Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:57 pm
- Posts Per Page: canberra
Re: Dai89's 7x2.5x2
Getting close now mate, sounds like quite a journey!
-
saltymike
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1566
- Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 4:27 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: Dai89's 7x2.5x2
Update, did you set it up?
-
Dai89
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 am
- Posts Per Page: Canberra
Re: Dai89's 7x2.5x2
Not yet just organizing freight from qld, I've stockpiled s9me stock but I thought I'd add an update once i had the beast set up and running
-
Dai89
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 am
- Posts Per Page: Canberra
Re: Dai89's 7x2.5x2
Update: tank is here in one piece will post pics tomorrow
-
Amphibian
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1293
- Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 am
- Posts Per Page: sydney
Re: Dai89's 7x2.5x2
Look forward to this one


Dreambox 5x3x2 viewtopic.php?f=145&t=263224
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
-
Dai89
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 am
- Posts Per Page: Canberra
-
Dai89
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 31
- Joined: Mon Jun 29, 2015 12:38 am
- Posts Per Page: Canberra
Re: Dai89's 7x2.5x2
Tank is wet and heating up Will post pics later today
-
nada
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 28
- Joined: Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:56 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth, Western Australia
Re: Dai89's 7x2.5x2
Wow talk about long awaited post! Started thread two years ago and only finally just got wet!
Excited to see how this turns out mate, waiting patiently for the post pics! Not enough people are posting these days!
Excited to see how this turns out mate, waiting patiently for the post pics! Not enough people are posting these days!
