Breeding coral gobies

Discussion on breeding & propagating marine fish, corals & other species.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Propagation & Breeding

Iain3
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 99
Joined: Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:44 pm
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Breeding coral gobies

Post by Iain3 »

Thanks for all the responses, I checked a few times yesterday evening and nothing, this morning no eggs left so I think I missed my chance.

Never mind, next time I'll try to be prepared.

Would be awesome to get a rotifer farm going in the meantime. Would be good to see how you do it as my last attempt failed. I used the same reefculture starter kit, and have some of the algae plancton food left in the fridge, but obviously got something wrong.

Cheers
Iain
saltydog
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2618
Joined: Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:50 pm
Posts Per Page: sydney

Re: Breeding coral gobies

Post by saltydog »

Iain3 wrote:Thanks for all the responses, I checked a few times yesterday evening and nothing, this morning no eggs left so I think I missed my chance.

For okinawae, they will take five days to hatch. Hatching should start about an hour after dark.
Can't remember laying frequency, but have one week floating around in my head.
You can check out some images here: http://www.masa.asn.au/masawiki/index.php/Gobiodon_okinawae

Chris
DTSTTCPW
Post Reply

Return to “Propagation & Breeding”