FROM MY RATHER LONG EXPERIENCE COLLECTING

This forum is for the discussion relating to all aspects of diving, collect and photography of marine related subjects. You can discuss equipment, software, or just display your photographs for critique.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Photography Forum

Savage Henry
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:12 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: FROM MY RATHER LONG EXPERIENCE COLLECTING

Post by Savage Henry »

Yeah, since my last post the current changed and ran South again and the water warmed up.

I have since seen many convict tangs and caught one, but released it after realising what it actually was. They are so small and cute.

I've also seen a lot of the keyhole angels, but you have to be almost eye level with them in front of their hide hole to see them. You won;t see them unless you specifically look for them.

I only saw a single yellow shoulder tang this season (it was the first I'd ever seen).

I haven't dived for about three weeks as I seemed to get ear aches a lot this season.

I haven't seen any Moorish Idols yet, but hope to have a snorkel or two before the season ends. I am hoping to get to Manly and have a snorkel with a few mates. Just need to wait until the water clears after the recent rain. I don't want another ear ache.
Callumkscott
Lurking Reefer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts Per Page: Sunshine Coast

Re: FROM MY RATHER LONG EXPERIENCE COLLECTING

Post by Callumkscott »

Hello mate, had a good read of your thread and it's interesting what you've written.
I would definitely look to collect my own fish and corals in conjunction with buying from my LFS once my new tank is set up and cycled.
I live in Caloundra on the Sunshine Coast and I am told that the headlands around me contain corals and fish in abundance so will have a more seriously look into it in time, just need to make sure of my zoning first and I should be ok.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Callum
Remember there's More than one way to skin a cat
Savage Henry
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 349
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:12 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: FROM MY RATHER LONG EXPERIENCE COLLECTING

Post by Savage Henry »

There's a forum on South East Queensland where they show what they've collected themselves. Google it and you are sure to find it, otherwise I'll try and find it.

You might even join their club and go on collecting outings with them.
Callumkscott
Lurking Reefer
Posts: 18
Joined: Sun May 22, 2016 9:52 pm
Posts Per Page: Sunshine Coast

Re: FROM MY RATHER LONG EXPERIENCE COLLECTING

Post by Callumkscott »

I'd like that. Thanks alot
Remember there's More than one way to skin a cat
Post Reply

Return to “Diving, Collection and Photography Forum”