DIY Supplments
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Advanced Discussion
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: DIY Supplments
Only over long periods, in Randys 2part recipe he gives the details and says the risk is small but present if I understood it correctly
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
smidy69
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 579
- Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:01 am
- Posts Per Page: brisbane
Re: DIY Supplments
Ian did you find anywhere you could get these randys chems in bulk for good price, tried to get them from 100% in bulk the other day when it was on sale but was only able to get 10kg max they said as it was on sale, no odea why i cant get 25kg while it was on sale but anyway on the hunt meself also, pm if you come up with anywhere. a company in sa has some good prices but by the time you pay postage not really any cheaper than 100%
TANK JOURNAL
http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=261760
http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=148&t=261760
-
IanR
- RTAW Reefer
- Posts: 64
- Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:11 am
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
Re: DIY Supplments
Hi
No. I have not really looked much further that 100% since I got all the responses above. Pete has been very helpful, but its a bit of a drive from my place so I usually top up when I'm up Redcliffe way and its too expensive to post bulk.
Anyway about every 6 months I get interested in trying to buying bulk and my research keeps coming back to one guy in Sydney and one in Adelaide that will do 25kg lots. Let me know how you go.
Ian
No. I have not really looked much further that 100% since I got all the responses above. Pete has been very helpful, but its a bit of a drive from my place so I usually top up when I'm up Redcliffe way and its too expensive to post bulk.
Anyway about every 6 months I get interested in trying to buying bulk and my research keeps coming back to one guy in Sydney and one in Adelaide that will do 25kg lots. Let me know how you go.
Ian
-
Webber_
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 7:08 am
- Posts Per Page: Victory Heights
Re: DIY Supplments
I always used Randy's recipes and sourced the supplies locally, saved me a fortune, also a few decent online suppliers were selling it in bulk.
-
colg
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 640
- Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 6:12 am
- Posts Per Page: Mackay
Re: DIY Supplments
pyroay wrote:i've moved to liquid dosing and wont be going back.
Can you elaborate on your 'liquid dosing'? What is it and why is it better?
Cheers,
Col
-
Andries
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1608
- Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 pm
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast
- Contact:
Re: DIY Supplments
smidy69 wrote:Ian did you find anywhere you could get these randys chems in bulk for good price, tried to get them from 100% in bulk the other day when it was on sale but was only able to get 10kg max they said as it was on sale, no odea why i cant get 25kg while it was on sale but anyway on the hunt meself also, pm if you come up with anywhere. a company in sa has some good prices but by the time you pay postage not really any cheaper than 100%
If you are interested in bulk chemicals, let me know. I have them in 2kg reseal bags but can do I good price if you need bulk. Just email me
avk@bigpond.net.au