Anyone removed a brick from a wall before?
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Low Tide
-
aidanmary
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 600
- Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:27 am
- Posts Per Page: Victoria
Re: Anyone removed a brick from a wall before?
when it says on the chillers instructions that they aren't intended for outdoor use does that mean that you can't have them exposed to the elements like you would with a air con unit? are they still safe to use outdoors as long as they are covered from rain ect? I'd be way more inclined to use my chiller if it was outdoors and not just adding more heat to the house but unfortunately I'm in a rental so no brick removal for me lol. my dream is to have a house where the living room backs into the garage so I can rout things like chiller and possibly even the sump out there. it may happen one day. good work by the way and let us know how it all goes.
-
Matt1961
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 815
- Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:52 am
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: Anyone removed a brick from a wall before?
I hope so
, apparently they are much more efficient when outside of the room the DT is in as well
I will be making a cover to suit the chiller so it is of the elements.
Big plan is one day to move the sump outside as well, but need to move the dog kennel first ( and its part of the fence to keep the dog in
Matt
I will be making a cover to suit the chiller so it is of the elements.
Big plan is one day to move the sump outside as well, but need to move the dog kennel first ( and its part of the fence to keep the dog in

Matt
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Anyone removed a brick from a wall before?
Do a search for "store it out" they are a plastic shed perfect for protecting your chiller/generator/etc
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
swazzle
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 452
- Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:04 am
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Anyone removed a brick from a wall before?
aidanmary wrote:when it says on the chillers instructions that they aren't intended for outdoor use does that mean that you can't have them exposed to the elements like you would with a air con unit? are they still safe to use outdoors as long as they are covered from rain ect? I'd be way more inclined to use my chiller if it was outdoors and not just adding more heat to the house but unfortunately I'm in a rental so no brick removal for me lol. my dream is to have a house where the living room backs into the garage so I can rout things like chiller and possibly even the sump out there. it may happen one day. good work by the way and let us know how it all goes.
My build will have the tank in the garage and In wall to the entrance of the house. Looking forward to the benefits of the tank not exactly being inside the living space of the house. Will also put in some solid ducting to remove excess heat/moister from around the tank space
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk