Cam's 6x2.5x2.5 (MoneyPit)
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
cameronandorla
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth
Re: Cam's 6x2.5x2.5
No more progress sorry. Just got married and have been spending the last few weeks in far north qld and now fiji. Certainly have some inspiration to get this thing done when i get home
-
cameronandorla
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth
Re: Cam's 6x2.5x2.5
Just a quick update of the tank beginning to be clad


-
cameronandorla
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth
Re: Cam's 6x2.5x2.5

bottom cabinet finished complete with hidden door ar either end
-
cameronandorla
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth
Re: Cam's 6x2.5x2.5 (MoneyPit)
Been a while between updates.
The top hood has been sealed and painted and all cladding has been completed. In the attached pic I have began plumbing up the corner weir (I have raised the drain since the pic as it was causing a bit too much noise)

Test fill to check for any leaks in the plumbing.

I discovered at this point that the rd3 4500 would not always start, it starts intermittently, I will pull it apart and give it a good clean in the mean time I am using a jebao dc12000

The top hood has been sealed and painted and all cladding has been completed. In the attached pic I have began plumbing up the corner weir (I have raised the drain since the pic as it was causing a bit too much noise)

Test fill to check for any leaks in the plumbing.

I discovered at this point that the rd3 4500 would not always start, it starts intermittently, I will pull it apart and give it a good clean in the mean time I am using a jebao dc12000

-
cameronandorla
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth
Re: Cam's 6x2.5x2.5 (MoneyPit)
Tank and stand complete (test fill ok)

decided I wanted a sps dominated tank so the tunze 9430 has been replaced with a deltec sc2060 with a vertex self cleaning head, I have also picked up a jns alpha reactor for nutrient control.


decided I wanted a sps dominated tank so the tunze 9430 has been replaced with a deltec sc2060 with a vertex self cleaning head, I have also picked up a jns alpha reactor for nutrient control.

-
cameronandorla
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth
Re: Cam's 6x2.5x2.5 (MoneyPit)
I picked up an 1200l IBC which was sold to me as food safe. It had a strong solvent smell so didn't trust it and replaced it with 2x1500l custom made food safe water tanks (all copper and brass has been removed) this also means that I will eventually be able to keep 2 cars in the garage. I decided not to plumb the tanks together but I can do this in the future if I feel the need.


-
cameronandorla
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth
Re: Cam's 6x2.5x2.5 (MoneyPit)
The tank will eventually have 5x ecotech radion pro. I still have 2 over my rsm250 growing out some nice sps to transplant into this tank. Eventually I will remove one off the rsm250 and transfer it to the centre of the MoneyPit once the cycle is completed.
I have also glued on the custom acrylic weir covers to hide all the plumbing.

I have also glued on the custom acrylic weir covers to hide all the plumbing.

Last edited by cameronandorla on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
cameronandorla
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth
Re: Cam's 6x2.5x2.5 (MoneyPit)
This is the power setup I will be running (I really should have got the 3x PDUs as Chromus said) I am already running out of switches. Lucky I have 8 extra powerpoints put into the wall.

I have also added a18mm hose fitting to the return for easy water changes. That missing switch cover is also driving me crazy, I need to find it this weekend.

I have also added a18mm hose fitting to the return for easy water changes. That missing switch cover is also driving me crazy, I need to find it this weekend.
Last edited by cameronandorla on Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
cameronandorla
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth
Re: Cam's 6x2.5x2.5 (MoneyPit)
On the weekend I started the scape. I have used 4x boxes of the Caribsea SouthSea base rock (100kg) as well as a few nice large bits of plating base rock. The scape has been drilled and reinforced with acrylic rods as well as some of the tunze coral putty/kz cement/vertex putty.
The scape was by far the most difficult job yet and took almost a full day. I have added approximately 30kg of crushed coral sand as well.



Radions running at 60% with no water
The scape was by far the most difficult job yet and took almost a full day. I have added approximately 30kg of crushed coral sand as well.



Radions running at 60% with no water
-
cameronandorla
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 143
- Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:33 pm
- Posts Per Page: Perth
Re: Cam's 6x2.5x2.5 (MoneyPit)
Started to run all the cables for the equipment. The Tunze 6155 mounts proved to be quite challenging to mount on the back glass but got there in the end by hanging them with some fishing line.
some of the equipment has changed, I am now going to run:
5x Ecotech Radion gen 2 pro
2x Ecotech MP40w
1x Ecotech Vectra L1(has 3x the power of the jebao dc12000)
2x Tunze 6155
1x Tunze Multi controller
1x Deltec Sc2060
1x JNS alpha 2
1x Tunze Osmalator
Still need to put the GHL and the GHL dosing pump



A few more cable ties should clean up the wiring a bit
some of the equipment has changed, I am now going to run:
5x Ecotech Radion gen 2 pro
2x Ecotech MP40w
1x Ecotech Vectra L1(has 3x the power of the jebao dc12000)
2x Tunze 6155
1x Tunze Multi controller
1x Deltec Sc2060
1x JNS alpha 2
1x Tunze Osmalator
Still need to put the GHL and the GHL dosing pump



A few more cable ties should clean up the wiring a bit