Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Large Tanks with a Volume of 800 Litres and Above

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

Image

Space Cleared. 2nd sump in waiting in.
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
NVRENUF
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 839
Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 am
Posts Per Page: Stirling, Perth
Contact:

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by NVRENUF »

is the tnak going into that opening ? and access to the tank via the door in the back there ?
8x2x2 Mixed Reef Build viewtopic.php?f=145&t=255458
5x2x2.5 Mixed Reef, SHUTDOWN viewtopic.php?f=148&t=246851
Jaguar
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:10 am
Posts Per Page: Leppington, NSW
Contact:

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Jaguar »

Rusty1 wrote:So after 8 years I have made it to the big boys forum!

2400 x 800 x 700 in Wall Tank with the main focus on fish with SPS corals.


:clap: :cheers:

8yrs is young! I've waited 10yrs to join, and should be joining might soon. Can't wait to see how this progresses!
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

NVRENUF wrote:is the tnak going into that opening ? and access to the tank via the door in the back there ?


Correct. Tank is going into that opening. It is 244cm. Perfect!

Access will be via a door in the back left corner as we will be moving the laundry into the back right corner of the fish room (currently backs onto that back left corner)

Outside door is a bonus but I dont want to walk outside every time. Not at least till Ideck out there.

Jaguar wrote:
Rusty1 wrote:So after 8 years I have made it to the big boys forum!

2400 x 800 x 700 in Wall Tank with the main focus on fish with SPS corals.


:clap: :cheers:

8yrs is young! I've waited 10yrs to join, and should be joining might soon. Can't wait to see how this progresses!


Good things come to those who wait ;)
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

Todays Efforts:
5Ft Sump Stand made.
Image

Temporary light frame up so 5Ft has light

Image

Fish Room ready for renovations:
Image

Door area Clear
Image

New Laundry corner clear.

Image
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
pebbles
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3296
Joined: Sat May 05, 2007 10:13 am
Posts Per Page: sydney

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by pebbles »

Congratulations Rusty, I'm sure it will be awesome! :thumbsup:



:wavey:
Angie
angie
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

pebbles wrote:Congratulations Rusty, I'm sure it will be awesome! :thumbsup:



:wavey:
Angie


Thanks Angie.


Today some progress was made!

New Laundry
Image
Image

Old Laundry/New doorway
Image
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
Amphibian
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1293
Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 am
Posts Per Page: sydney

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Amphibian »

wow , looking at the construction work reminds me of my build.
i know what your going thru , :withyou:

it will take shape in no time .

good luck with it all

:cheers:
Dreambox 5x3x2 viewtopic.php?f=145&t=263224
Mixed Reef 8 x 2.6 x 2 Revamp in progress viewtopic.php?f=145&t=245064
Frag Tank 4 x 3 x 2 viewtopic.php?f=148&t=257402
Rebirth of a goodie900 x 900x450
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=253999
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

Amphibian wrote:wow , looking at the construction work reminds me of my build.
i know what your going thru , :withyou:

it will take shape in no time .

good luck with it all

:cheers:


Thanks. It is nearly done though now.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

The real fun stuff starts this weekend!

Tank Time!
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Rusty1's In Wall Tank adventure!

Post by Rusty1 »

Well it has been a big last few days. Laundry is completed 99% just a few finishing touches I will do this week

Image

Made the frame to lift the 900 stand up to 1m high. Tested it for level and was pretty good, so not too much packing required.

Image
Image
Image
Image

Today we picked up the tank and stand, modded the stand, added the frame and a board and secured it to the wall. All in all it went to plan thanks to Dennison (#1 tank mover) and Matt (#1 Helper)
Image
Image

Have decided to run an external sump as opposed to under the tank as I need storage for all my fish stuff. This will make working on the sump so much easier too.
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Large (800 Litres and Above)”