Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post here any ideas, feedback or queries you have in regard to MASA (including Reefing the Australian Way). This forum is not for reef aquaria related questions.

Moderator: Moderators

Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post by Rusty1 »

pebbles wrote:It's definitely a numbers issue (on both hobbyist and sponsorship levels)...

Rusty1 wrote:
I think it would need to be run alongside/with the Pet expo's to get our best chance of sponsors and people along.



Yep. And you would need to choose the location very carefully. Sydney would be the ideal choice from a numbers /exposure point of view. (Sorry rusty!) :thumbsup:

JM2c
:wavey:
Angie


The Pet Expo is held up here at the convention center so it could be held outside of Sydney. Certainly would be cheaper.

Would have to stay on the East Coast though imo.
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
marks
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:52 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post by marks »

Why would Sydney be the ideal choice?
Just interested in ideas thoughts etc.
I agree the population is larger BUT most collectors are QLD based.
The 2 biggest wholesalers are located in SE QLD and WA.
The 2 largest online stores are located in SE QLD.

It would also require that the city picked there would need to be a person heavily involved in the organisation of the conference IMO.
This thread as started by Kevin needs no mud slinging just ideas thoughts etc.
Mark
acronut
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:49 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne,Australia

Re: Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post by acronut »

I would be happy to sponsor a maca. Anything i can do to get this up and running, my wife is in corporate events management im in all the way.
So sorry officer.... i wasnt aware tangs needed so much space :/

5.5x2.5x2 scorpion reef
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=261093
marks
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:52 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post by marks »

Having never been to a MACNA what is actually there and what would we want in our version?
Mark
acronut
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:49 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne,Australia

Re: Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post by acronut »

The sky is the limit. You would have guest speakers obviously, sprung mabe.

Could have some scientists speaking from conservation perspective.

Not to mention sponsor product displays
So sorry officer.... i wasnt aware tangs needed so much space :/

5.5x2.5x2 scorpion reef
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=261093
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post by Rusty1 »

acronut wrote: Anything i can do to get this up and running


Get your business account sorted so we know who you are! :roflmao:

I thought there was a 1 week limit on these :p
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
acronut
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1036
Joined: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:49 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne,Australia

Re: Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post by acronut »

I submitted the form ages ago
So sorry officer.... i wasnt aware tangs needed so much space :/

5.5x2.5x2 scorpion reef
viewtopic.php?f=148&t=261093
pantherseyes2009
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 384
Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:31 am
Posts Per Page: Central coast NSW

Re: Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post by pantherseyes2009 »

I am intrested in helping out, I have run heaps of expos before , introductory run this year but ,it never worked out due to lack of support, but it wasn't running the expo, if we get big suppliers to commit to the expo and then suppliers , and retail stores, then we can every year get it bigger and bigger, if you need help I am all for it,can bring a lot of ideas to the table with a lot of support as well.
Kevin.Erickson
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 480
Joined: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:11 pm
Posts Per Page: Townsville, QLD
Contact:

Re: Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post by Kevin.Erickson »

Thanks for all your opinions and offers to help.
Keep them coming.
I've been told that there is something in the works.
Finding a good team is my main concern. The rest is easy.
Kevin Erickson, PhD.
2015 MASA Dallas sp. Award winner: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=262147
President & CEO of the Marine Aquarium Societies of North America (MASNA), owners of the Marine Aquarium Conference of North America (MACNA), & hosts of MACNA 2021 in Atlanta, Georgia, September 3-5, 2021. MACNA.org

Accepting speaking gigs on my PhD research on Marine Ornamental Biosecurity in Australia: viewtopic.php?f=45&t=250731
https://www.KevinPErickson.com
My DIY Skimmer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8lE1gOIkzc
"Beneath the surface lies the future." - SeaQuest DSV
Member of MASRQ, MASQ, MASS, MASWA, MASAOG, & MASOV!
Ageofaquariums
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1431
Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2003 11:34 pm
Posts Per Page: Browns Plains QLD
Contact:

Re: Is it time to attempt/explore a "MACA"? (Serious)

Post by Ageofaquariums »

I personally think the Gold coast conference centre would be the ideal venue. I was down in sydney last weekend for the annual PIAA pet Industry trade show which rotates between Sydney , Melbourne & Qld. The Gold coast venue normally gets double to triple the attendance as people make it a holiday as well.

I would love to have a large stand at a potential show along with contribute my time and money to get this off the ground. It would be great for the hobby and great for business !!.

Ben
The Age of Aquariums:
Phone: (07) 3800 5592
mailto:?subject=&body=
http://www.aquariumproducts.com.au/
[directory]3[/directory]
Post Reply

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions, Comments and Suggestions”