Phils Flavorwave - Retired till next year
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship
-
Mr Miagi
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 4468
- Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am
- Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA
Re: Phils Flavorwave
I have had some issues with dissolved oxygen in my tank, without an overflow or strong enough surface agitation to remove surface scum. Have you thought about how you might overcome this?
--Cheers, Benny
-
cody.sheridan-2008
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2639
- Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:18 am
- Posts Per Page: Waverton, North Sydney, NSW Australia 2060
- Contact:
Re: Phils Flavorwave
Mr Miagi wrote:I have had some issues with dissolved oxygen in my tank, without an overflow or strong enough surface agitation to remove surface scum. Have you thought about how you might overcome this?
I'd suspect the answer will be water changes and pointing the pump up...
-
Kah
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 107
- Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 am
- Posts Per Page: Perth, WA
Re: Phils Flavorwave
Mr Miagi wrote:I have had some issues with dissolved oxygen in my tank, without an overflow or strong enough surface agitation to remove surface scum. Have you thought about how you might overcome this?
Maybe try the eheim skim350. They do a good job of cleaning the water surface and they also provide water flow and aeration too. Their size is small enough to work in most pico setups as well.
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Phils Flavorwave
Plan at this point is waterchange which will surface skim and have well rippled surface water, the vessel is only about 150mm deep so shouldn't be an issue i don't think.
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Phils Flavorwave
Spent a few mins this arvo stripping out the guts of the heater etc, they are put together in the most unfriendly to dismantle way you can imagine, nothing a grinder couldn't fix, but harder to reassemble to look the part once I am done.
I ran the bowl thru the dishwasher to get it all sparkly and once the lid is rebuilt I will post some pics.
I ran the bowl thru the dishwasher to get it all sparkly and once the lid is rebuilt I will post some pics.
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
Mr Miagi
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 4468
- Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2005 6:29 am
- Posts Per Page: Adelaide, SA
Re: Phils Flavorwave
cody.sheridan-2008 wrote:Mr Miagi wrote:I have had some issues with dissolved oxygen in my tank, without an overflow or strong enough surface agitation to remove surface scum. Have you thought about how you might overcome this?
I'd suspect the answer will be water changes and pointing the pump up...
Thats what I thought. I do regular water changes and have an MP20 in a cube! Didnt help me. I threw in an overflow and skimmer today, so that should solve it for me. But might pay just to keep an eye on things!
--Cheers, Benny
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Phils Flavorwave
The lid by virtue of its previous life has a bunch of fan grills, so I plan to have 2x fans in there anyway 
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Phils Flavorwave
OK, I know I am close to the wire on getting the cycling happening, but shouldn't be a huge deal to get the water and rock in later today or early tomorrow.
A few technical features held over from the flavour wave.
The lift-handle has a switch on it which is designed to stop the unit when the handle is raise, this will be used to turn the pump/light on and off.

The mains cord will be the original Flavorwave cord.

Cooking instructions

The pump, I am still working on the plumbing but this should be heaps

The light is a single 15W Halogen (transformer in the lid and may put a 30mech dimmer on it).

FTS once filled and cycling
A few technical features held over from the flavour wave.
The lift-handle has a switch on it which is designed to stop the unit when the handle is raise, this will be used to turn the pump/light on and off.

The mains cord will be the original Flavorwave cord.

Cooking instructions

The pump, I am still working on the plumbing but this should be heaps

The light is a single 15W Halogen (transformer in the lid and may put a 30mech dimmer on it).

FTS once filled and cycling
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
Rod the Reefer
- Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
- Posts: 6683
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:42 am
- Posts Per Page: Greenhill, Adelaide, SA
-
Rod the Reefer
- Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
- Posts: 6683
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:42 am
- Posts Per Page: Greenhill, Adelaide, SA
Re: Phils Flavorwave
10-15 mins to cook your fish. lol
Rod.
Rod.