The 10L GSP lawn

For details, discussions and Tank Journals for this years Pico tank competition

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship

coral1
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4927
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:25 am
Posts Per Page: ROSEBUD VIC

Re: The 10L GSP lawn

Post by coral1 »

coming along nicely :clap: :clap:
Renae
MASOV 2015-2016 president
Image[/image]
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=241394
viewtopic.php?f=145&t=162492
funebris
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:04 am
Posts Per Page: South Brisbane

Re: The 10L GSP lawn

Post by funebris »

Yep, must admit I am planning on stealing a few of the scape ideas you have employed in this build.
:nod:
And thats about the highest compliment I give lol
Kah
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 am
Posts Per Page: Perth, WA

Re: The 10L GSP lawn

Post by Kah »

Thanks fellas! :D

I am in the process of giving the branching piece the the rear right a base for some stability. Right now only the sand and glass holds it up and in such a small space that does not mean a whole lot of stability.

Deciding if I mould one out of aquarium epoxy or try to stick it to another rock. Moulding it's own base sounds better the more I think about it though.
RTAW PICO competition
The 10L GSP Lawn - imgur album
funebris
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 271
Joined: Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:04 am
Posts Per Page: South Brisbane

Re: The 10L GSP lawn

Post by funebris »

If you mold the base you can then hide the putty with sand too.
The best type of putty, is unseen putty!
Kah
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 am
Posts Per Page: Perth, WA

Re: The 10L GSP lawn

Post by Kah »

Spotted something suspicious on my GSP colony.

1.5-2cm long. Good or bad?
Image
I am thinking that I should at least get rid of the eggs. heh.
RTAW PICO competition
The 10L GSP Lawn - imgur album
Kah
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 am
Posts Per Page: Perth, WA

Re: The 10L GSP lawn

Post by Kah »

Looks like I'll have to keep an eye on that seaslug. It had another batch of eggs yesterday which was also removed.
Aside from that though it doesnt seem to be capable of out eating the GSP growth rate. Could make a decent reef safe sea slug as long as the numbers are controlled hahaha.

Tank shot for the day:
Image

The other colony of GSP has started doing its thing and has begun spreading over the rock too! :thumbsup:
Image

And here is some snaps of some of the zoas I have in there:

These are powder blue.
Image

The one mid left has the nice red but I cant seem to get any photos that show it off nicely.
Image

And a colony of red fringed blue center zoa.
Image
Image

Same zoas as before, but under blue lights and taken with a DSLR instead of my phone.
Image
RTAW PICO competition
The 10L GSP Lawn - imgur album
Kah
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 am
Posts Per Page: Perth, WA

Re: The 10L GSP lawn

Post by Kah »

I figured it was about time to remove the original GSP colonies now that they have spread onto the rock that is to be the base for the "Lawn".
Scalpel time!
Image
I left the nudibranch in there as it seems to be sustainable.

Bonus video tour of the GSP lawn as it is today!
[youtube]OVtOgI6TslA[/youtube]
RTAW PICO competition
The 10L GSP Lawn - imgur album
Kah
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 am
Posts Per Page: Perth, WA

Re: The 10L GSP lawn

Post by Kah »

I added a pair of anemone shrimp yesterday and will try and get a picture once the debris settles from the water change.
Cool little things they are. :)

...and here they are!

Image

Image

Image

It was feeding time. There are only two of them and the bottom two photos are of the same individual.
RTAW PICO competition
The 10L GSP Lawn - imgur album
Kah
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 am
Posts Per Page: Perth, WA

Re: The 10L GSP lawn

Post by Kah »

The acan studded rock has gone in!

It's to the left, and partially conceals the AC50 intake.
Image
Silly crab - you're covering the acans! :roflmao:

Frontal shot, slightly angled to stop my phone reflection showing.
Image

I intend to move out those frag tiles soon. Just the zoos on them are doing so well makes me want to leave them where they are as long as possible. :)

My par30 bulb should be on its way soon too.

Sadly both the shrimp have jumped. :(


--
Do any of the admins know if the forums have a spoiler tag set up that will allow me to collapse the images in older posts so that there is less scrolling needed to view the thread? :)
RTAW PICO competition
The 10L GSP Lawn - imgur album
Kah
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 107
Joined: Fri Mar 08, 2013 11:22 am
Posts Per Page: Perth, WA

Re: The 10L GSP lawn

Post by Kah »

Better pictures taken during daytime because the last ones were taken at night with the light turned on.

Image

Image
I need to swap to a black phone! hahaha.

Image
RTAW PICO competition
The 10L GSP Lawn - imgur album
Post Reply

Return to “RTAW PICO competition”