Tanks with Webcams Index
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: General Discussion
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
My server is getting an apache upgrade, back next day or so
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
ggoosen
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 567
- Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:42 am
- Posts Per Page: Adelaide
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
Apache Upgrade done yet?
AquaReef 195
http://www.aquaticlog.com/aquariums/ggoosen/2
http://www.aquaticlog.com/aquariums/ggoosen/2
-
Macca_75
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2772
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
- Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
papasmurf wrote:none of those links work....
Maybe the index needs updating to reflect the current status of each cam.
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
Get your own cams setup so we can add em to the index 
My server is up, just need to build the permissions structure to keep u lot out of my stuff

My server is up, just need to build the permissions structure to keep u lot out of my stuff
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
Macca_75
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2772
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
- Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
Working on it - but mine will work
So many projects, so little time.
So many projects, so little time.
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
OK - running IIS server till apache conf files fixed up
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
NVRENUF
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 839
- Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 am
- Posts Per Page: Stirling, Perth
- Contact:
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
The hardest part of setting up a cam is finding a good location for it. lol
Best spot would be on a tripod about 2 meters out front of the tank. but unfortunately we can't do that lol.
nice work on the cams.
will have mine up soon
Best spot would be on a tripod about 2 meters out front of the tank. but unfortunately we can't do that lol.
nice work on the cams.
will have mine up soon
8x2x2 Mixed Reef Build viewtopic.php?f=145&t=255458
5x2x2.5 Mixed Reef, SHUTDOWN viewtopic.php?f=148&t=246851
5x2x2.5 Mixed Reef, SHUTDOWN viewtopic.php?f=148&t=246851
-
chromus
- I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
- Posts: 19409
- Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
- Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
- Contact:
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
webcam url....Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
-
NVRENUF
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 839
- Joined: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:13 am
- Posts Per Page: Stirling, Perth
- Contact:
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
I have a Camera on mine, Though it's running via my cctv system, So i need to find a way to stream it to the web and avoiding log in details etc.
and avoiding active X issues with IE
and avoiding active X issues with IE
8x2x2 Mixed Reef Build viewtopic.php?f=145&t=255458
5x2x2.5 Mixed Reef, SHUTDOWN viewtopic.php?f=148&t=246851
5x2x2.5 Mixed Reef, SHUTDOWN viewtopic.php?f=148&t=246851
-
Macca_75
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2772
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
- Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Re: Tanks with Webcams Index
from what I've found any true "stream" is very browser dependant. I am yet to find a method that works equally as well across all the mainstream browsers without the requirement for plug-ins to be installed.
Personally I have settled for a "still" image that is refreshed every minute (I haven't put it in a frame within a HTML page - I just refresh the page when I want to refresh the image) -
Personally I have settled for a "still" image that is refreshed every minute (I haven't put it in a frame within a HTML page - I just refresh the page when I want to refresh the image) -
