Chrom's Dream Tank - Jan 10th Pics Update

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Large Tanks with a Volume of 800 Litres and Above

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Post Reply
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Chrom's Dream tank (for real this time)

Post by chromus »

OK, a few of you have asked where the tank pics are, so I will put some up, there was a snag and the glass doesn't quite fit (yet), the wall is getting shaved tomorrow and I will then get the tank put in properly.

Meantime here are some progress shots:

Image

Image

Image
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
danestead
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 12:37 pm
Posts Per Page: Perth

Re: Chrom's Dream tank (for real this time)

Post by danestead »

Hope you've got a ladder to clean that puppy!
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Chrom's Dream tank (for real this time)

Post by chromus »

Wall being stripped back.

Image

Wall ready for tank to fit now

Image
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
ssscuz
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3037
Joined: Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:20 am
Posts Per Page: Melbourne

Re: Chrom's Dream tank (for real this time)

Post by ssscuz »

Looking good. Almost at the water bit!!
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Chrom's Dream tank (for real this time)

Post by chromus »

The house painter was onsite today and is patching the edge of the wall for me and going to paint the ends of the tank black for me, so all I need to to persuade a few MASWA guys to help me push the tank into place on Sunday.
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
some_one
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:52 am
Posts Per Page: Aubin Grove, Perth

Re: Chrom's Dream tank (for real this time)

Post by some_one »

Looks good Phil :clap:

You going to cycle the new LR in tubs or in the tank?
Brett
My 850L SPS Tank Journal -TOTM October 2013, TOTY R/UP 2013

From WA, join MASWA!!
Reefpedia - Search - Beginners Guide

MASWA Committee member, RTAW Moderator, MASA Committee member
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Chrom's Dream tank (for real this time)

Post by chromus »

Depends on if I can get the plumbing in on time.
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
some_one
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4259
Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:52 am
Posts Per Page: Aubin Grove, Perth

Re: Chrom's Dream tank (for real this time)

Post by some_one »

Ahhhh fair enough. The plumbing is always interesting times .... for me anyway :nut:
Brett
My 850L SPS Tank Journal -TOTM October 2013, TOTY R/UP 2013

From WA, join MASWA!!
Reefpedia - Search - Beginners Guide

MASWA Committee member, RTAW Moderator, MASA Committee member
Chinookflyer
Curious Reefer
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat May 11, 2013 6:52 am
Posts Per Page: ROCKHAMPTON

Re: Chrom's Dream tank (for real this time)

Post by Chinookflyer »

I am looking forward to seeing how an expert does it! I always enjoy and respect your posts so I am looking forward to seeing how an experienced reefer goes about setting up a big tank as opposed to a novice (me!).

Building your house round a tank - now there is dedication! Regards Scott
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Chrom's Dream tank (for real this time)

Post by chromus »

Expert? you have the wrong thread, you need Rod The Reefer / Tone / Galleri3090, :book: if you mean random hack I can cover that though..... :nut:
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Large (800 Litres and Above)”