Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Nano and Pico Tanks with a Volume less than 100 litres.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

reef4u
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

Post by reef4u »

Here are some updated pics.

Image

Image
gnadymmij
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:59 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

Post by gnadymmij »

Tanks looking good so far, what's your thoughts on tank inhabitants?
reef4u
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

Post by reef4u »

Current or planned???

Current - Mantis Shrimp... I am thinking he needs to go. I have heard bad things about them (anyone want him?) Brittle Star Fish, got so many of them, they mainly hide out tho. I have 2 red looking snails which are cruising all over the tank, eve in the filter and at the back of the tank.

I do have this white looking worm thing which is stuck to the rock, not sure what it is. It does have anetenna and it does this weird thing where it releases some sort of white strings, it then pulls them back in like its fishing for food. Any ideas based on that description?

Planned - I really am so new I don't have much of an idea to be honest.
gnadymmij
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:59 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

Post by gnadymmij »

Yeah I'd remove him. Everything else is just healthy hitch hikers which benefit the tank, I love watchmen gobys and clown fish even if clowns are becoming under rated
gnadymmij
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:59 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

Post by gnadymmij »

Corals like ricordeas, torches and other mushrooms and zoas are easy care corals and add alot of depth of colour to the tank
reef4u
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

Post by reef4u »

HAHA i loved at the LFS how there was about 30 clowns all hiding out in the Anemone, was funny. Maybe not from the the fact they had so many in the 1 display tank tho.

I will probably get 2 very small clowns, a cleaner shrimp couple more snails and some Coral...
reef4u
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

Post by reef4u »

gnadymmij wrote:Corals like ricordeas, torches and other mushrooms and zoas are easy care corals and add alot of depth of colour to the tank


Cool, thanks heaps for the tip. I have been so caught up in making sure the tank is setup the best i can get it I have forgotten acutally about the animals i want to have :konk:
gnadymmij
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 324
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:59 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

Post by gnadymmij »

viewtopic.php?f=144&t=245568

This is my nano cubed tank. Pretty much the same volume. :)
reef4u
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:03 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

Post by reef4u »

Dam you tank... please hurry up and cycle :(

Anyone know where you can buy U shaped tubing, the right angle tubing I have for the chiller is killing the flow, I have a 1000L pump set to max and it is putting out approx 480L.. which is just below chiller recommendation.
gcebiker
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 934
Joined: Tue May 04, 2010 2:31 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast, Biggera Waters

Re: Ryan's 80L Aqua Medic

Post by gcebiker »

Hi Ryan, that water flow rating is so that the chiller does not give it self a false reading (generally reading to low) - which then leads to it cycling on and off.

If its not cycling you are probably ok, especially with cooler weather coming.
Increasing your pipe size will make a big difference, bunnings sells a black flexible pipe right next to their clear stuff.

Long term, clear pipes have algae build up issues and this will also affect the flow.


Tony
FTS - My Glass Box
DiFm Take a ride
The improbable made possible through understanding.
Post Reply

Return to “Reef Tanks Nano/Pico (Less than 100 Litres)”