SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Diverse Tanks (Cubes, Squares, Triangular) (Fish Only with Live Rock, Predator Tanks, Temperate Tanks) (non-photosynthetic tanks, Marine Plant/Algae Tanks, Greenhouse Tanks)

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Basenji
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 8545
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:48 am
Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Re: SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

Post by Basenji »

Good work, and brilliant results :clap:

For what it's worth, I much prefer the colour balance in the last 7 photos on the series. Your coral colours are beautiful. They don't need to be exagerated by cranking up the saturation.
Colin
mailto:?subject=&body=
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. - Jimmy Dean
My Tank Journals:--> 3x2 Project-->Thomas's Tank --> 4 foot display (retired) --> 2 foot Nano (retired)
CUNAReefer
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts Per Page: Detroit, Michigan, USA

Re: SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

Post by CUNAReefer »

Thank you for all of the kind comments everyone. :) The photos were taken under two different types of lighting. The first are actinic only and the second are the daylight shots. I use a grey card for white balance. I think I may have used auto correct on some of the day light shots, but if I remember correctly, the actinic shots are raw images. I'm very new to photography and still learning the basics. If you want, you can give me some tips and I can take some new photos for you. Just let me know what coral you would like to see and how to set the camera.

Warmest Regards,
James
Jaguar
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 461
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2008 4:10 am
Posts Per Page: Leppington, NSW
Contact:

Re: SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

Post by Jaguar »

:nut: :-x FAN*TABULOUS! Completely awesome! How long have you had this system up and running? I reckon take a video! :clap: Did I mention gorgeous tank!!
jayellul
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2471
Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am
Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie

Re: SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

Post by jayellul »

damn this will look cool if your gonna let it grow right out?

Love it :-)
CUNAReefer
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts Per Page: Detroit, Michigan, USA

Re: SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

Post by CUNAReefer »

Hi Jaguar and Jayellul,

Hope all is well!

Yes, I am letting it grow out. I spent yesterday building out a new section in my sump for all of the montis and smaller pieces. Now I can add another rack and spread out some of the larger pieces so they have even more room to grow. With that said, there are a couple lucky reefers who have received some frags from me, but I do not sell that often. It helps subsidize the cost of the salt, electricity, and most of all, the ZEO.

I'm working on a video for you this morning. I Have a Canon Rebel T2i, and am limited by its video capabilities, but I should be able to have something nice for you.

Quick Edit: I completely forgot to say that after removing my monti frag rack, my pygmy angel had no where to sleep. I broke down and added a piece of rock that I've had in a bucket for over a year. Not sure if I need to change the title of my thread now. :)

Warmest Regards,
James
CUNAReefer
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 75
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:36 pm
Posts Per Page: Detroit, Michigan, USA

Re: SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

Post by CUNAReefer »

Links to the videos. For some reason, I was not able to embed the video.

http://youtu.be/uI9bZovDXvk

http://youtu.be/T4FdMRw0QuE
priscacara
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2163
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:40 pm
Posts Per Page: Lara, Victoria

Re: SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

Post by priscacara »

So much color, looks awesome!
Oh, how I wish for soothing rain. Oh how I wish to dream again. Once and for all and all for once, Nemo my name forevermore.

Paddling in the pool

3 Foot nano upgrade

The nano adventure - now closed down
WIGARUS
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 141
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 5:25 am
Posts Per Page: Perth, WA

Re: SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

Post by WIGARUS »

The colours look amazing :)
StripestheEel
Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution
Posts: 12412
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:20 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast, QLD

Re: SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

Post by StripestheEel »

Stunning. Any bioload from fish in this system or purely sps
jason angel
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3319
Joined: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:17 am
Posts Per Page: vic

Re: SPS Only - No Rock and No Sand

Post by jason angel »

Looking great. Im also running a SPS, no sand, but have around 8kgs of branchy rock just support the SPS off the bottom, to prevent detritus build up.
Your colors are great. I too am currently researching the pros and cons of target feeding SPS vs not.
Are you running any macro? as a refugium will generally provide all the larvae and particulate food matter that SPS will require, Or does the growth of macro conflict with your zeovit program?
What kind of skimmer are you running aswell? Do you use balling method (dosing pumps), or CaRx?
Do you test for trace elements, (other than potassium) and also one more question... do you supplement any trace elements besides alk/ca? :)
:thumbsup:

StripestheEel wrote:Stunning. Any bioload from fish in this system or purely sps

CUNAReefer wrote: I completely forgot to say that after removing my monti frag rack, my pygmy angel had no where to sleep. I broke down and added a piece of rock that I've had in a bucket for over a year. Not sure if I need to change the title of my thread now. :)

Matt I think the first post also mentions a wrasse..... not to mention the videos which clearly have fish in them. :roflmao:
- JA
Post Reply

Return to “Diverse Tanks (Refer Description)”