Classifieds Template

Post here any ideas, feedback or queries you have in regard to MASA (including Reefing the Australian Way). This forum is not for reef aquaria related questions.

Moderator: Moderators

kit
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:58 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Classifieds Template

Post by kit »

a_cam wrote:You can, but all modifications make upgrades all that much harder.
Adding one template to the Description is pretty simple.
Changing the code so it updates the template when I assume you change the Category is getting pretty big.
It would require (to work effectively) to move the Category input above the description, and then some javascript to populate the field.
Problem is there are 20 odd categories, so you need up to 20 templates.
I really think you are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.


Yeah, I don't believe in a major rework, keeping it simple would be much better.

I believe the fields I posted in the OP would be a good starting point, but also think we shouldn't make it too exhaustive; so perhaps add/remove some fields.
Rusty1
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 9065
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:28 pm
Posts Per Page: Hope Island, Gold Coast

Re: Classifieds Template

Post by Rusty1 »

chromus wrote:Search tweaks is one of the most asked for features, so losing what searches we do have is probably a negative.


By location is the 1 se asked for the most, easily done in a forum based way. QLD NSW ECT

Then subforums of the Equipment/livestock.
Tank Now For Sale
Reef In The Wall
Tank on Facebook- Closed
Reef In The Wall- FB
n0rk: For all I say, I still love halides. The "crispness" is still unrivalled in most situations. I am a schmuck who wants to go halides.
kit
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:58 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Classifieds Template

Post by kit »

What do you guys reckon? Worthwhile implementing a template?
kit
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:58 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Classifieds Template

Post by kit »

cam wrote:That is a much better idea in my opinion.
If someone does up a template for the description box, I can make it the default text when they create an ad, that way they have a guideline to follow.
kit
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1159
Joined: Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:58 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Classifieds Template

Post by kit »

cam wrote:That is a much better idea in my opinion.
If someone does up a template for the description box, I can make it the default text when they create an ad, that way they have a guideline to follow.


Not sure if you guys are still interested in implementing this, but I've just posted an ad and I used the Op as a template:
buysell/single_ad.php?ad_id=20159

I think it's much better and has all the information needed for a prospective buyer.
Post Reply

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions, Comments and Suggestions”