
Email Notifications ?
Moderator: Moderators
-
Bandit
- Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
- Posts: 8473
- Joined: Fri Jan 31, 2003 1:59 am
- Posts Per Page: Bayswater, VIC
Re: Email Notifications ?
Is it in in your spam, along with the replica Breitling watches, Nigerian money making scams and cheap little blue pills 

Jamie
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Join the Marine Aquarium Society Of Victoria Today!!
Join MASOV's Facebook Page
Bandit's 3x2x2 TOTF Nov 13
All those who believe in telekinesis, raise my hand.
Join the Marine Aquarium Society Of Victoria Today!!
Join MASOV's Facebook Page
Bandit's 3x2x2 TOTF Nov 13
-
ssbk23
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3881
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:06 am
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane Northside
Re: Email Notifications ?
Checked that, lots of Nigerian woman wanting marriage, enlargement kit offers, and I even won 1 million pounds (all I have to do is deposit $2000 into their bank account to release the funds) but nothing from masa 

-
some_one
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 4259
- Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2008 6:52 am
- Posts Per Page: Aubin Grove, Perth
Re: Email Notifications ?
Getting the same problem. No email notifications on subscribed threads.
Brett
My 850L SPS Tank Journal -TOTM October 2013, TOTY R/UP 2013
From WA, join MASWA!!
Reefpedia - Search - Beginners Guide
MASWA Committee member, RTAW Moderator, MASA Committee member
My 850L SPS Tank Journal -TOTM October 2013, TOTY R/UP 2013
From WA, join MASWA!!
Reefpedia - Search - Beginners Guide
MASWA Committee member, RTAW Moderator, MASA Committee member
-
ssbk23
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3881
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:06 am
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane Northside
Re: Email Notifications ?
Least I'm not the only one.
I've tried everything, still can't work it out
I've tried everything, still can't work it out

-
a_cam
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:37 pm
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: Email Notifications ?
It looks like hotmail is blocking us from sending email to people using hotmail addresses.
Will try to work out why.
Will try to work out why.
-
ssbk23
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3881
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:06 am
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane Northside
Re: Email Notifications ?
a_cam wrote:It looks like hotmail is blocking us from sending email to people using hotmail addresses.
Will try to work out why.
Cheers Cam, glad you saw this as I was about to message you about it. I'm not getting any MASQ admin emails either by the look of it

-
a_cam
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 412
- Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:37 pm
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane
Re: Email Notifications ?
microsoft don't like us.
[root@/var/log]#telnet mx1.hotmail.com 25
Trying 65.55.92.168...
Connected to mx1.hotmail.com.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 SNT0-MC3-F13.Snt0.hotmail.com Sending unsolicited commercial or bulk e-mail to Microsoft's computer network is prohibited. Other restrictions are found at http://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/anti-spam.mspx. Tue, 22 Jan 2013 03:58:01 -0800
EHLO masa.asn.au
250-SNT0-MC3-F13.Snt0.hotmail.com (3.17.0.77) Hello [202.130.46.39]
250-SIZE 36909875
250-PIPELINING
250-8bitmime
250-BINARYMIME
250-CHUNKING
250-AUTH LOGIN
250-AUTH=LOGIN
250 OK
MAIL FROM:admin@masa.asn.au
550 SC-001 (SNT0-MC3-F13) Unfortunately, messages from 202.130.46.39 weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list. You can also refer your provider to http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
Connection closed by foreign host.
-
cam
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3342
- Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:49 am
- Posts Per Page: Taringa, Brisbane
- Contact:
Re: Email Notifications ?
I have logged a ticket with our hosting provider to see if they can help.
There is one thing I can do from the DNS side of things but I have no control of that.
There is one thing I can do from the DNS side of things but I have no control of that.
-
ssbk23
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3881
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:06 am
- Posts Per Page: Brisbane Northside
Re: Email Notifications ?
Least you have identified the fault.
I've switched to my gmail account for now so I can get the notifications
I've switched to my gmail account for now so I can get the notifications
-
cam
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3342
- Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:49 am
- Posts Per Page: Taringa, Brisbane
- Contact:
Re: Email Notifications ?
Digital Pacific are aware of this issue and are working with hotmail on being delisted from the service blocking them.
Not much more I can do until they fix it.
Not much more I can do until they fix it.