Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post here any ideas, feedback or queries you have in regard to MASA (including Reefing the Australian Way). This forum is not for reef aquaria related questions.

Moderator: Moderators

terbit
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2764
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 10:39 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney

Re: Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post by terbit »

Pud wrote:Tapatalk has many advantages. The best being faster image uploads and better PM services.
Being able to take pics and upload them when you're at the LFS of bargains or oddities is great.
I use tapatalk on my forum. But in saying that, I don't run any ads either, so that isn't a concern for me.
Tapatalk works on Android, Blackberry, Chrome mobile and iOs.
I found tapatalk to seamlessly blend into our operations and also have a mobile version available for devices that don't support tapatalk.
I don't want to talk out of place but to support the users will keep them coming back. The more methods that people can stay in touch with RTAW the better.
It is true that the amount of editing you can do is limited, but it allows another scope of user to keep using the forum.
All in all, I have found it a great resource to 'set and forget' as it needs no continual maintenance.


Maybe I'm just an old Pr#*k but why can't people wait to get home and get on the internet instead of doing it at the LFS, it's not life and death if you can't!
:cheers:
chromus
I Was Around When Noah Was a Reefer
Posts: 19409
Joined: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am
Posts Per Page: Atwell, Perth, WA
Contact:

Re: Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post by chromus »

You can do all of those things from any of the phones mentioned without tapatalk.
Did you search RTAW Reefpedia B4 asking your question?

My Tank Journals
8x3x2.5 With Webcam
Tank Monitor (Work in Progress)
My reefs power consumption is offset with solar power
cam
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3342
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:49 am
Posts Per Page: Taringa, Brisbane
Contact:

Re: Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post by cam »

Can I revive and recommend this module to be looked at again.
I too am a grumpy old sysadmin who was very skeptical about installing something that enabled mobile users to access the forums directly, effectively bypassing the themes/banners/other stuff implemented on the forums.
So I trialed it on my dev site.

The install including config on the tapatalk site took me less than 5 minutes. (copy one directory, edit one line of code on the template)

After about 30 minutes of use I can't believe I even attempted to look at forums without this software in the past.
Before this I would read PM's and that is about it. Now I can do everything from my mobile including easily reply and post with attachment support with ease.
Most important I can also moderate my forums from this app which is great for my site as I am the only admin/moderator.

Give it a try, even for a week and I am sure you will be converted.
A heap of aquarium based sites use it (Reefcentral, nanoreef were on the list plus a lot more).
I wont even bother reading forums from my phone without this now.

Oh and the banner support is great in my opinion.
Remember you are dealing with users here who are not really viewing the site from their mobiles right now.
The banner integration is perfect for this solution and in my opinion actually adds value as you are opening the site up to a whole new group of users during hours they normally wouldn't view the site.
Rupert3K
Curious Reefer
Posts: 28
Joined: Fri Sep 03, 2010 3:14 pm
Posts Per Page: Elizabeth Bay, Sydney

Re: Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post by Rupert3K »

I would love Tapatalk support, I hope the committee allows it.
Many people use Adblock in browsers anyway, maybe Tapatalk would reach those naughty users.
173x58x71cm 707L (70"x23"x28" 189g)
MeLLeR
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3263
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:28 am
Posts Per Page: Cairns

Re: Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post by MeLLeR »

I'd love it if tapatalk was enabled on RTAW! Make my working day even less productive, but meh! Lol
marks
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:52 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post by marks »

I believe once all other updtaes are installed this will be looked at again, but dont hold me to that.
Mark
cam
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3342
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:49 am
Posts Per Page: Taringa, Brisbane
Contact:

Re: Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post by cam »

discus.g.c wrote:I believe once all other updtaes are installed this will be looked at again, but dont hold me to that.


It's just waiting on the committee to make a decision.
I fought for it a while ago and was shut down.
marks
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 7077
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:52 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast

Re: Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post by marks »

After using it to access another forum I love it.
So much easier than resizing constantly etc.
Mark
cam
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 3342
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:49 am
Posts Per Page: Taringa, Brisbane
Contact:

Re: Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post by cam »

discus.g.c wrote:After using it to access another forum I love it.
So much easier than resizing constantly etc.


And the moderator tools built into it make life so much easier as well.
I love using it on other sites.
I don't bother reading forums via the mobile if they don't have tapatalk installed.
tremble
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 768
Joined: Sun Jul 31, 2011 9:32 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Tapatalk??? Can we be activated on this service???

Post by tremble »

cam wrote:
discus.g.c wrote:After using it to access another forum I love it.
So much easier than resizing constantly etc.


And the moderator tools built into it make life so much easier as well.
I love using it on other sites.
I don't bother reading forums via the mobile if they don't have tapatalk installed.


:stupid:

Dooo iiiiit!
Post Reply

Return to “Site Announcements, Questions, Comments and Suggestions”