100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

This forum is run by 100% Reef Safe (a MASA Business Partner). Use this forum to discuss any related topics about 100% Reef Safe products, sales or any general questions you would like us to answer.

Moderator: Moderators

100% Reef Safe
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1911
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:55 am
Posts Per Page: Redcliffe, Qld
Contact:

Re: 100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

Post by 100% Reef Safe »

holla_passer wrote:Thanks for the quick reply Pete! I don't actually run a skimmer on my nano so that would be a problem wouldn't it?

By the way, received the AA from you yesterday, thanks for that mate...very quick delivery!

I would reduce the dose a bit and see how it goes. I am pretty confident it wont be a problem as it would be taken up by the corals fairly well.

Cheers
Pete
100% Reef Safe 0400 600 583
mailto:?subject=&body=
http://www.100percentreefsafe.com.au
[directory]29[/directory]
hypernatremia
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 10:56 pm
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: 100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

Post by hypernatremia »

Hi Pete,

Just curious if you know the reason why the amino acids have to stand for an hour before going into the tank. Are there any adverse effects if I don't wait that long?
100% Reef Safe
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1911
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:55 am
Posts Per Page: Redcliffe, Qld
Contact:

Re: 100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

Post by 100% Reef Safe »

hypernatremia wrote:Hi Pete,

Just curious if you know the reason why the amino acids have to stand for an hour before going into the tank. Are there any adverse effects if I don't wait that long?

Only reason is to absorb into other products if used in conjunction to amino acids like phyton, zooton, reefroids etc to help boost these foods. Other than that it can be dosed after mixing. :thumbsup:

Cheers
Pete
100% Reef Safe 0400 600 583
mailto:?subject=&body=
http://www.100percentreefsafe.com.au
[directory]29[/directory]
skud
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:09 am
Posts Per Page: australia

Re: 100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

Post by skud »

Hi pete, can I mix the amino acid together with the reef roids and dose at the same time? how often should I be dosing ?

Thanks skud :thumbsup:
n0rk
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 7821
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:12 pm
Posts Per Page: An island smaller than the one I was on

Re: 100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

Post by n0rk »

You can and should mix it with foods :) start off 1-2 times a week at a smaller dose rate, then gradually build up. At smaller rates I was able to dose it daily, though most tanks will be fine 2-3 times a week.
BENJAMIN ::: If at first the idea is not absurd, then there is no hope for it.
IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU ARE LOOKING FAR TOO CLOSELY. I FEEL VIOLATED.
100% Reef Safe
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1911
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:55 am
Posts Per Page: Redcliffe, Qld
Contact:

Re: 100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

Post by 100% Reef Safe »

skud wrote:Hi pete, can I mix the amino acid together with the reef roids and dose at the same time? how often should I be dosing ?

Thanks skud :thumbsup:

Yes you can and build it up to everyday. I think Ben has pretty well hit the nail on the head.

Cheers
Pete
100% Reef Safe 0400 600 583
mailto:?subject=&body=
http://www.100percentreefsafe.com.au
[directory]29[/directory]
mattgreen
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 4347
Joined: Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:15 am
Posts Per Page: Gold Coast, Qld.

Re: 100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

Post by mattgreen »

just ordered some lets see how lps reacts
pleco4me
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 186
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:41 am
Posts Per Page: Hillarys, Perth WA

Re: 100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

Post by pleco4me »

Hi Pete

Is this suitable to use with the zeovit system?

Craig
100% Reef Safe
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1911
Joined: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:55 am
Posts Per Page: Redcliffe, Qld
Contact:

Re: 100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

Post by 100% Reef Safe »

pleco4me wrote:Hi Pete

Is this suitable to use with the zeovit system?

Craig

Hi Craig,

I haven't had anyone tell me they have used it on a full Zeovit system but many have on partial systems without any issues at all. Maybe one of the Zeo users who has used it could comment. I can't see it having any adverse affects on it though.

Cheers
Pete
100% Reef Safe 0400 600 583
mailto:?subject=&body=
http://www.100percentreefsafe.com.au
[directory]29[/directory]
baker_gt
Curious Reefer
Posts: 22
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:37 am
Posts Per Page: Hobart

Re: 100% Reef Safe Amino Acid Protein Supplement

Post by baker_gt »

Silly question, can this be used to gut load brine shrimp and rotifers?
Post Reply

Return to “100% Reef Safe”