My 2ft cube, I've returned to it after 2.5 years
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
sydneydrewid
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 3329
- Joined: Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:06 am
- Posts Per Page: Liverpool, NSW
-
scd83
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:34 pm
- Posts Per Page: Scarborough, WA
Well here is a bit of an update it has been 6 months since the last update and my folks are still keeping things in check. They have had one loss which was the my original purple tip acro but I can deal with that as there are a cpl of frags from the original still going strong.
I am extremely happy with the state of things and the fact the tank pretty much runs itself with just the basic maintenence performed on a regular basis. I apologise again for the quality of pics but I have tried to explain how to change white balance but to no avail. I will try and get a full tank shot soon. I am really missing the hobby while in the UK, a marine aquarium shop has just opened up around the corner so I am always in there looking at the stock. I think that will be as close as I get while here.
Anyway here are some pics also what are your thoughts on a scolly spawning, as my dad said he came home to the tank being rather murky and the scolly was spewing stuff out here are some pics.




Any thoughts would be appreciated, and here are the rest of the shots.














Think this guy is going to need to be chopped back soon or removed!!!




Lots of pics and not the best quality I know, but hope you enjoy.
Cheers and I'll update in the new year when my parents take delivery of new bulbs and hopefully i'll have some full tank shots. Merry xmas and hope you are all enjoying the heat while im in the UK freezing.
I am extremely happy with the state of things and the fact the tank pretty much runs itself with just the basic maintenence performed on a regular basis. I apologise again for the quality of pics but I have tried to explain how to change white balance but to no avail. I will try and get a full tank shot soon. I am really missing the hobby while in the UK, a marine aquarium shop has just opened up around the corner so I am always in there looking at the stock. I think that will be as close as I get while here.
Anyway here are some pics also what are your thoughts on a scolly spawning, as my dad said he came home to the tank being rather murky and the scolly was spewing stuff out here are some pics.




Any thoughts would be appreciated, and here are the rest of the shots.














Think this guy is going to need to be chopped back soon or removed!!!




Lots of pics and not the best quality I know, but hope you enjoy.
Cheers and I'll update in the new year when my parents take delivery of new bulbs and hopefully i'll have some full tank shots. Merry xmas and hope you are all enjoying the heat while im in the UK freezing.

-
valkyrie73
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 100
- Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:06 am
- Posts Per Page: Helensburgh NSW
Looks great and it must be a releif that the tank is doing well- congrats to your parents I say.
Not sure if I missed it but what are you doing in the old dart?
Cheers
Not sure if I missed it but what are you doing in the old dart?
Cheers
new to salt water
Valkyrie73's family 3ft mixed reef tank http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=211087
Valkyrie73's family 3ft mixed reef tank http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=211087
-
scd83
- Centurion Reefer
- Posts: 148
- Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 10:34 pm
- Posts Per Page: Scarborough, WA
Re: My 2ft cube, adopted by my parents (15-12-09)
Well it's been 2.5 years since seeing my tank in person and well I am pretty happy with what my parents have done there have been a few losses as i'd expected but overall things are pretty good. The tank is infested with Aiptasia which I am working on trying to eradicate I have brought 2 peppermint shrimp so am just waiting for them to make some progress on them I am also trying to knock them of with the some Aiptasia X, fingers crossed I can get on top of it.
I have spent the last 2 days doing heaps of general maintenance and a few big water changes as there is also a bit of hair algae starting to take hold I have a few pics for everyone and will put a heap more up once I get on top of it all. I have missed the tank and am looking forward to getting it back to how it was before I left. I'll be fragging heaps of the rics and morphs that have gone wild and will be putting them up in the classified over the next week or so, so keep an eye out. I have also noticed a few white spots / patches on the clam I'm not to sure what it is so if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
ENJOY

FTS

LHS

RHS

Clam

RICS

Fungia
Cheers,
Steve
I have spent the last 2 days doing heaps of general maintenance and a few big water changes as there is also a bit of hair algae starting to take hold I have a few pics for everyone and will put a heap more up once I get on top of it all. I have missed the tank and am looking forward to getting it back to how it was before I left. I'll be fragging heaps of the rics and morphs that have gone wild and will be putting them up in the classified over the next week or so, so keep an eye out. I have also noticed a few white spots / patches on the clam I'm not to sure what it is so if anyone has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated.
ENJOY

FTS

LHS

RHS

Clam

RICS

Fungia
Cheers,
Steve
-
funkngroovy
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1909
- Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:44 am
- Posts Per Page: Springfield Lakes
Re: My 2ft cube, I've returned to it after 2.5 years
Welcome home. Still looking good there.
-
gazman33
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 425
- Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:51 am
- Posts Per Page: S.E Melbourne
Re: My 2ft cube, I've returned to it after 2.5 years
Thats an amazing effort by your parents 
