BC 2009 Gobiodon sp. (Chantelle)

Journals for the 2009 Breeders Challenge, Gobiodon sp.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship

Post Reply
Chantelle
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:08 am
Posts Per Page: Central Coast, NSW

BC 2009 Gobiodon sp. (Chantelle)

Post by Chantelle »

Just playing around with this for the moment, will fix it up later and add pics! :)

Username: Chantelle
Species: Gobiodon histrio
Social Structure: 1 pair
Size of Individuals: 2cm and 3cm
Age of Individuals: unknown
Date added to Tank: 6+ months ago and 26/7/09

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank: standard 3 ft
Substrate Details:
Filtration Details: Eheim canister filter + hang-on refugium
Water Changes: approx 20% weekly
Water Temperature: 25 degrees
Lighting: T5
Lighting Cycle: 12 hours
Other Tank Inhabitants: seahorses, peppermint shrimp, rainford goby.

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types: enriched frozen brine and mysis
Feeding Schedule: twice daily

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn:
Dates of Consecutive Spawns:

Larval Tank Details
Size of Larval Tank:
Substrate Details:
Other Tank Decor:
Filtration Details:
Lighting:
Lighting Cycle:
Water Changes:

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types:
Feeding Schedule:

Additional Information
Miscellaneous Information:
~Chantelle
Chantelle
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:08 am
Posts Per Page: Central Coast, NSW

Post by Chantelle »

Ok here is some pics:


This guy Ive had for over 6 months. Approx 2cm. A little pig - he tries to suck the feed out of the suringe I use to target feed the seahorses with.
Image

This guy is a monster of a goby (approx 3cm). Newly added last week. No aggression between this one and the established one (size may have helped him). He is camera shy so I apologise for the bad lighting - I shone a torch on him whilst he was sleeping to get this! Both gobies are very different shades of green - hoping though that they are the same species?
Image
~Chantelle
Chantelle
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:08 am
Posts Per Page: Central Coast, NSW

Post by Chantelle »

Update: yesterday I got home to find a rather bashed up goby (the smaller one). I decided not to wait and see if they fought it out and settled down again so they are now seperated. When scooping the little guy out he all but dived into the net the poor thing! He is awesome and my original one and comes sits on my hand whilst I target feed the seahorses, so Im not taking chances losing him to my newer addition.

The much larger one has taken a few weeks to start feeding as well but is now eating like a pig and is starting to get used to the pipette I use to feed the seahorses with. Might give it a little while until I think about introducing another possible mate as I think it will be hard to find one that will match his size. I think anything smaller wont stand a chance.
~Chantelle
Chris
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 5146
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:13 pm
Posts Per Page: Townsville

Post by Chris »

Any update, on pairing and feeding?

Christian
Chantelle
Veteran Reefer
Posts: 588
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:08 am
Posts Per Page: Central Coast, NSW

Post by Chantelle »

Sorry for the late reply. Havent really been following this forum for a little while. Both are still seperated but I am planning to attempt to put them together again soon - this time into the 4x2x2 tank Ive set up. Tankmates will be seahorses. Both are feeding but the larger of the two is still underweight but has been seen eating enriched frozen brine/mysis.

I also have a yellow coral goby who eats like a pig and is constantly very round. Hoping to try and pair him/her up and see if I have better luck there.
~Chantelle
Post Reply

Return to “BC 2009”