BC 009 - Dave

Journals for the 2009 Breeders Challenge, Gobiodon sp.

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship

Post Reply
Dave
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:49 pm
Posts Per Page: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

BC 009 - Dave

Post by Dave »

Username: Dave
Species: Okinawae ?
Social Structure: Single Pair
Size of Individuals: around 2cm
Age of Individuals: ?
Date added to Tank: Sun 2nd August 2009

Broodstock Tank Details
Size of Tank: tiny, 6.6 litres
Substrate Details: ugf plate
Filtration Details: hooked to 400lt reef system, skimmer, carbon, rowaphos, macro, rdsb, LR vault
Water Changes: erraticly
Water Temperature: 24-27
Lighting: 5w 9000k energy saver, daylight
Lighting Cycle: natural
Other Tank Inhabitants: none

Broodstock Feeding Details
Food Types: spirulina brine (hikari)
Feeding Schedule: once a day atm

Spawning Details
Date of First Spawn:
Dates of Consecutive Spawns:

Larval Tank Details
Size of Larval Tank:
Substrate Details:
Other Tank Decor:
Filtration Details:
Lighting:
Lighting Cycle:
Water Changes:

Larval Feeding Details
Food Types:
Feeding Schedule:

Additional Information
Miscellaneous Information:


I had fun building these little guys their own little house, problem is I saw a nice blue coloured coral goby at the shop and now I want to try a pair of them too. Probably going to end up with a little goby resort. Pics soon.

dave
Dave
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:49 pm
Posts Per Page: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Post by Dave »

noticed the slightly larger one is chasing the smaller one at feeding time, both fish look healthy but I might have to separate them if it continues.

Image

I removed the UGF plate because they both got under there somehow, I'm thinking they felt a bit vulnerable so I've let the sides get dirty and they look happier as a result.

hope everyone else is going well.
dave
Dave
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1006
Joined: Sun Feb 02, 2003 2:49 pm
Posts Per Page: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia

Post by Dave »

One of them has gone mia... I think he went overflow surfing and is in the sump, haven't spotted him yet though.
miskairal
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 8102
Joined: Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:00 am
Posts Per Page: Murgon, Qld

Post by miskairal »

I take it he never showed up again :(
Join MASQ Here
Reefpedia - over 1,000,000 page views.
[wiki]Beginners Guide[/wiki]
"All I ask is a chance to prove that money can't make me happy" - Spike Milligan (1918-2002)
Chris
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 5146
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2003 12:13 pm
Posts Per Page: Townsville

Post by Chris »

Any update, on pairing and feeding?

Christian
Post Reply

Return to “BC 2009”