Stripes ZEOvit Cube - Pulling it down!
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
StripestheEel
- Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution
- Posts: 12412
- Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:20 am
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast, QLD
-
StripestheEel
- Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution
- Posts: 12412
- Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:20 am
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast, QLD
-
mgrav
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2983
- Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:42 am
- Posts Per Page: Ballarat, Victoria
-
StripestheEel
- Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution
- Posts: 12412
- Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:20 am
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast, QLD
-
KirTracid
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2652
- Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:52 pm
- Posts Per Page: Mill Park, Vic
You change tanks about as often as my stepboys attempt to change their underwear =P
SOunds good though. Fun while it lasted, but the big one will be great. Are you keep all the livestock from the cube, like the Kole for example? He's lovely.
SOunds good though. Fun while it lasted, but the big one will be great. Are you keep all the livestock from the cube, like the Kole for example? He's lovely.
-Kirsty
My new 10x3.5x2 SPS dominated mixed reef ( start date: Christmas time)
My 5x2x2 SPS dominated, ATI LED Powered ZEOvit Reef - basically discountinued
Where clams & Angelfish can live in Harmony :)
My new 10x3.5x2 SPS dominated mixed reef ( start date: Christmas time)
My 5x2x2 SPS dominated, ATI LED Powered ZEOvit Reef - basically discountinued
Where clams & Angelfish can live in Harmony :)
-
StripestheEel
- Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution
- Posts: 12412
- Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:20 am
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast, QLD
-
Adam007
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1681
- Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 11:45 am
- Posts Per Page: Mackay, QLD
StripestheEel wrote:Its very easy to maintain.
There seems to be a spot at the back where detritus settles and I syphon it out every couple of weeks.
No snails is more of a failsafe due to having no weir. Have the hammerhead algae magnet; the blenny and the kole who keep it nice and clean for me.
Hi Matt,
Now that your pulling the tank down - would you ever go BB again ? As you may have read I am seriously considering it myself..
-
StripestheEel
- Been Around So Long, I've Seen Evolution
- Posts: 12412
- Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:20 am
- Posts Per Page: Gold Coast, QLD
In a proper display tank - no, it just doesnt look natural, unless your filling it with heaps of rock or if it is a smaller setup; like the 2' cube.
The big positive I saw was detritus location and removal, pretty easy to spot with BB.
IMO, you just can't beat the look of a tank with sand.
I will be doing my big tank with sand, I just don't think a 7x5x2.2 will look "normal" with BB.
The big positive I saw was detritus location and removal, pretty easy to spot with BB.
IMO, you just can't beat the look of a tank with sand.
I will be doing my big tank with sand, I just don't think a 7x5x2.2 will look "normal" with BB.
-
bubbleboy
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1777
- Joined: Mon May 01, 2006 12:14 pm
- Posts Per Page: Sydney, NSW
