Trish's 2 Foot cube

The purpose of this forum is to allow people to showcase their tanks, and allow other uses to ask questions on equipment, livestock, methodology etc.
Specifically for Diverse Tanks (Cubes, Squares, Triangular) (Fish Only with Live Rock, Predator Tanks, Temperate Tanks) (non-photosynthetic tanks, Marine Plant/Algae Tanks, Greenhouse Tanks)

Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals

Rohan Simpson
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 113
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:32 am
Posts Per Page: Warrimoo, lower Blue Mtns, Sydney

Post by Rohan Simpson »

I know you are between a rock and a hard place if the old tank readings are bad, but I've found buying a cheap few damselfish is a good way to test the cycling of a new tank. Affordable and less emotional attachment to the damsels. I'd not consider the cycling over till at least a month has passed.

Skimmer on it's way!

Rohan
<a href="http://www.masa.asn.au/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=197577" target="_blank" class="postlink">My 4' Tank Journal</a>
trish_p
RTAW Veteran Reefer
Posts: 1622
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:40 pm
Posts Per Page: Semaphore South Australia

Post by trish_p »

Thanks Rohan. I certainly agree with you as I dont think it would have finished either. I won't be adding any more fish or corals in it for at least 6 weeks. Fingers crossed that my two clowns are going to be ok. In regards to damselfish, We live nearly 4 hours away from Adelaide so that in itself is going to be a headache for us. Appreciate all advice. :thumbsup:
Post Reply

Return to “Diverse Tanks (Refer Description)”