RO/DI units

Just started out in the world of marine aquariums? Daunted by all the information, conflicting advice and just wondering what you should do? This is a forum for all of those that are new to the hobby to ask all and any beginner type of questions.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: New to the Hobby

Post Reply
richy's reef
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:02 am
Posts Per Page: gold coast

RO/DI units

Post by richy's reef »

Hi people, where is the best place to purchase a RO/DI 4 or 5 stage so i can make my own water? i have seen lots advertised online but they look like they are for drinking water, with a sink tap etc included for half the price of one that says for aquarium use. am i missing something

thanks
Basenji
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 8545
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:48 am
Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Re: RO/DI units

Post by Basenji »

PSI Filters have long been a go-to supplier for RO/DI gear for RTAW members. https://www.psifilters.com.au/
I haven't spoken to him for a long time, but I remember calling the guy (Pete I think it was) back when I was purchasing and he was incredibly helpful with advising on options.
I note on their site that they do have aquarium rated systems as well as drinking water systems, but I couldn't tell you what the difference is.
Colin
mailto:?subject=&body=
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. - Jimmy Dean
My Tank Journals:--> 3x2 Project-->Thomas's Tank --> 4 foot display (retired) --> 2 foot Nano (retired)
fsamir
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts Per Page: Palm Beach, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: RO/DI units

Post by fsamir »

I've been getting my RO parts from this eBay seller, for over 5 years. They are responsive and have the best price around:
https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/waterfilterfactory" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Cheers,
Franklin Dattein
http://inventmarine.com
richy's reef
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:02 am
Posts Per Page: gold coast

Re: RO/DI units

Post by richy's reef »

thanks guys
wrenfeathers
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 340
Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:38 am
Posts Per Page: Sydney - Hurstville area

Re: RO/DI units

Post by wrenfeathers »

yeah, +1 to psi filters
Pete
:cheers:
garcia45
RTAW Reefer
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:41 pm
Posts Per Page: liverpool

Re: RO/DI units

Post by garcia45 »

Given the boundaries of the displayed area and the main scale, the calculation of the cartographic grid and the segments of the meridian and parallel for the application of reference points is reduced to the calculation of the length of the lower and side frames, segments of the side frame and the lower frame, in the article https://www.light-it.net/blog/ultimate- ... ne-school/ is a ready-made formula.
Last edited by garcia45 on Thu May 28, 2020 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insert Business Name (required):, Insert Address (if required)
Insert Phone # (if required), Insert Website url (if required)
Image
Macca_75
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2772
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU

Re: RO/DI units

Post by Macca_75 »

My PSI unit is still going strong some 15+ yrs. And they keep track of what filters I replace and when
Post Reply

Return to “New to the Hobby”