HI Guys,
I haven't been in here for a few years and am surprised at how quiet it has become. I notice that a lot of you assume people have joined facebook groups and so on. Shame as i cut my teeth in here.
I have decided to decommission my NANO and come back to the hobby when kids are older and my business gives me a little more time.
I wanted to start by listing my livestock, corals and so on, but wasn't sure if this is the place to do it any more.
Id like to know your thoughts.
Kind regards
Where do you go to sell stuff these days?
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: General Discussion
-
Mike2k7
- RTAW Reefer
- Posts: 54
- Joined: Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:03 am
- Posts Per Page: Marrickville, Sydney 2204
-
Macca_75
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2772
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
- Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Re: Where do you go to sell stuff these days?
I see stuff filter through this forum occasionally.
F/B groups are all but shutting down livestock.
I did notice
t h e r e e f u g e . c o m
has had a facelift and you can post and upload whatever picks you want there.
F/B groups are all but shutting down livestock.
I did notice
t h e r e e f u g e . c o m
has had a facelift and you can post and upload whatever picks you want there.
-
wrenfeathers
- Bicentenary Reefer
- Posts: 340
- Joined: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:38 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney - Hurstville area
Re: Where do you go to sell stuff these days?
Was just thinking the same thing!
I’m not on social media much but I had a look at face book and they don’t seem to have much, unless I didn’t know how to find it (which is very possible).
Do people trade and swap frags anymore?
Are there less people in the hobby or are people just buying stuff from shops more these days?
I’m not on social media much but I had a look at face book and they don’t seem to have much, unless I didn’t know how to find it (which is very possible).
Do people trade and swap frags anymore?
Are there less people in the hobby or are people just buying stuff from shops more these days?
Pete


-
Macca_75
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2772
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
- Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Re: Where do you go to sell stuff these days?
Plenty of frag swapping on F/B but it's all getting shutdown as soon as it starts.
Maybe time to start a Forum dedicated to Buy/Swap/Sell
Maybe time to start a Forum dedicated to Buy/Swap/Sell
-
NiCd
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2420
- Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 9:23 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
Re: Where do you go to sell stuff these days?
The idea of the facelift was to be a classified tool for mafa etc, but Shane wouldn't have a bar of it after we built it and banned users who even placed a link to an add. We offered them their own dedicated section, admin rights etc but was told that he didn't see a need in the hobby for it as he would know if there was and that he couldn't be bothered with the extra effort for what small need there may be.
The only thing I can think of as the reason why he is so much against hobbyists trading frags amongst themselves is that its competition that he cannot compete with for his own ventures in coral farming.
The only thing I can think of as the reason why he is so much against hobbyists trading frags amongst themselves is that its competition that he cannot compete with for his own ventures in coral farming.
-
Macca_75
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2772
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
- Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Re: Where do you go to sell stuff these days?
Need a like button for thatNiCd wrote:The only thing I can think of as the reason why he is so much against hobbyists trading frags amongst themselves is that its competition that he cannot compete with for his own ventures in coral farming.