Replacement Tunze ATO pump.

The forum to discuss the various types of equipment that is utilised to maintain a marine aquarium e.g. pumps, lights, tanks, protein skimmers etc. Also, it is for discussions on how you can do-it-yourself.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion

Post Reply
trimixdiver
Centurion Reefer
Posts: 169
Joined: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:09 pm
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Replacement Tunze ATO pump.

Post by trimixdiver »

Hi guys I have been using my Tunze Osmolator 3152 for 8 year been very reliable unit however the pump just stop looking for a replacement pump are there any other pump I can use like this one will this work?

https://www.roadtechmarine.com.au/tmc-0 ... r/p/TCE115
Controlled by Apex
My Tank Journals
Know your Tank Personality
richy's reef
Hi, I am new around here!
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2020 9:02 am
Posts Per Page: gold coast

Re: Replacement Tunze ATO pump.

Post by richy's reef »

ebay buddy, $30 delivered, search for 12v caravan pump
Macca_75
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2772
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU

Re: Replacement Tunze ATO pump.

Post by Macca_75 »

Not sure how well something not designed for saltwater would go.

Maybe better off searching for something related to a boat.
Basenji
Too Much Time On My Hands Reefer
Posts: 8545
Joined: Wed Jan 22, 2003 7:48 am
Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie, NSW, Australia

Re: Replacement Tunze ATO pump.

Post by Basenji »

Macca_75 wrote:Not sure how well something not designed for saltwater would go.

Maybe better off searching for something related to a boat.
It's to top up fresh water to replace evaporation, so I'd suggest that saltwater resilience isn't really necessary.
Colin
mailto:?subject=&body=
I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. - Jimmy Dean
My Tank Journals:--> 3x2 Project-->Thomas's Tank --> 4 foot display (retired) --> 2 foot Nano (retired)
Post Reply

Return to “Equipment and DIY Discussion”