Morning all
I was using a Aqua one 120 but the main tank cracked. I have now decided to down size to a 60l
main tank but I'd like to continue using the sump.
My question is how do I plumb the tank to the sump ?
The main tank does NOT have a hole in the base so my biggest fear is, should the
power go out the tank would self siphon and not only flood the house but more importantly empty the tank.
If anyone could help that would be great, I have all all plumbing from the Aqua one and of course bunnings or reece
is just around the corner.
TIA
Plumbing a tank to a sump?
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion
-
bongo
- Lurking Reefer
- Posts: 11
- Joined: Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:20 am
- Posts Per Page: Melbourne
-
Thesimpleguy
- Curious Reefer
- Posts: 41
- Joined: Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:19 pm
- Posts Per Page: western australia
Re: Plumbing a tank to a sump?
It might be abit too late but if you look on youtube for diy overflows there are lots of vids of people making overflows using pvc. King of DIY did a great one years back
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
-
Macca_75
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2772
- Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
- Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU
Re: Plumbing a tank to a sump?
There are heaps or resources around, but make sure you have an "air break" in your drain and return (essentially if the power goes off, all of the pipework should break the surface of the water). This will prevent the sump from overflowing and your DT from draining out completely.