Jason's Rimless Cuboid - Reborn 2019
Moderators: Moderators, Promotions, Competitions & Sponsorship, Mod: Tank Journals
-
wmackay
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1149
- Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:58 am
- Posts Per Page: Russell Vale, Wollongong
Re: Jason's Rimless Cuboid (27/08/11 Photos)
How's the tank look after the big holiday mate?
"Death is nature's way of telling you to slow down."
Woodys 32x20x20 Reef
*****Woodys NEW Cuboid Archipelago*****
Woodys 32x20x20 Reef
*****Woodys NEW Cuboid Archipelago*****
-
nUm
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:56 pm
- Posts Per Page: Oran Park, NSW
Re: Jason's Rimless Cuboid (27/08/11 Photos)
Well....
I have decided after quite a long break from the hobby that I am going to start prepping to setup this tank again. It has been sitting my my garage collecting dust for quite a few years now after the move down to NSW.
The tank and stand are in surprisingly good condition after being parked up for so long and I have started the cleanup and planning of what new bits and pieces that I need to pickup.
I have decided after quite a long break from the hobby that I am going to start prepping to setup this tank again. It has been sitting my my garage collecting dust for quite a few years now after the move down to NSW.
The tank and stand are in surprisingly good condition after being parked up for so long and I have started the cleanup and planning of what new bits and pieces that I need to pickup.
Jason
Rimless LED Cuboid (800x800x500) -- Reborn
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Rimless LED Cuboid (800x800x500) -- Reborn
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
-
jayellul
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2471
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie
Re: Jason's Rimless Cuboid (27/08/11 Photos)
nUm wrote:Well....
I have decided after quite a long break from the hobby that I am going to start prepping to setup this tank again. It has been sitting my my garage collecting dust for quite a few years now after the move down to NSW.
The tank and stand are in surprisingly good condition after being parked up for so long and I have started the cleanup and planning of what new bits and pieces that I need to pickup.
Where in NSW are you?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
-
nUm
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:56 pm
- Posts Per Page: Oran Park, NSW
Re: Jason's Rimless Cuboid (27/08/11 Photos)
Just south west of Sydney
Jason
Rimless LED Cuboid (800x800x500) -- Reborn
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Rimless LED Cuboid (800x800x500) -- Reborn
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
-
nUm
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1014
- Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:56 pm
- Posts Per Page: Oran Park, NSW
Re: Jason's Rimless Cuboid - Reborn 2019
So things are slowly progressing, I will post some photos for anyone that is still floating around.
I have decided on using CaribSea base and life rock as the rock work for the tank.
I am going for a less is more type of setup with plenty of swimming space and open areas around the rocks.
I have also decided to go with a shallow sand bed in the tank and have picked up some Red Sea pink reef sand.
Tank cleanup after being in the garage for 5+ years

Staring to piece together the rock work



Rock work complete added the sand


I have decided on using CaribSea base and life rock as the rock work for the tank.
I am going for a less is more type of setup with plenty of swimming space and open areas around the rocks.
I have also decided to go with a shallow sand bed in the tank and have picked up some Red Sea pink reef sand.
Tank cleanup after being in the garage for 5+ years

Staring to piece together the rock work



Rock work complete added the sand


Jason
Rimless LED Cuboid (800x800x500) -- Reborn
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
Rimless LED Cuboid (800x800x500) -- Reborn
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Abraham Lincoln
-
Sin
- RTAW Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: Tue May 01, 2007 1:24 am
- Posts Per Page: Ashtonfield NSW
Re: Jason's Rimless Cuboid - Reborn 2019
Wooh, Looking good and glad to see is resurrected.
Huge fan of Cuboids
Sin
Huge fan of Cuboids
Sin-
parrdog
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2788
- Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:28 am
- Posts Per Page: Engadine, NSW, Australia
Re: Jason's Rimless Cuboid - Reborn 2019
Great stuff 
-
jayellul
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2471
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie
Re: Jason's Rimless Cuboid - Reborn 2019
Woo a shallow cube!!!! [SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES][SMILING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk