DIY Bristle worm traps

The forum to discuss the various types of equipment that is utilised to maintain a marine aquarium e.g. pumps, lights, tanks, protein skimmers etc. Also, it is for discussions on how you can do-it-yourself.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: Equipment and DIY Discussion

Post Reply
Macca_75
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2772
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU

DIY Bristle worm traps

Post by Macca_75 »

OK- I have many, many, many bristle worms.

There are a few DIY idea's online but hoping to spark a bit of interest. Does anyone have pictures of their DIY traps that have worked for them? How would you improve your DIY trap to make it work better?

Either a link to a thread or even better a picture here.....
fsamir
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts Per Page: Palm Beach, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: DIY Bristle worm traps

Post by fsamir »

Works like a charm. The block in the center is a magnet so I can move it to the bottom without putting my hands in the tank.
I can send you the STL if you want.


Image

Image
Cheers,
Franklin Dattein
http://inventmarine.com
Macca_75
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2772
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU

Re: DIY Bristle worm traps

Post by Macca_75 »

Thanks but I don't have a 3D printer.

Looks easy enough to make out of spare 40mm plumbing though - small length of pipe and 2 end caps. Drill holes in the side.

Cheers
fsamir
Bicentenary Reefer
Posts: 379
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:03 pm
Posts Per Page: Palm Beach, QLD, Australia
Contact:

Re: DIY Bristle worm traps

Post by fsamir »

I don't know why I thought you had one. I must have confused you with Lachalan.

This seem to be easy to build.
Image
Cheers,
Franklin Dattein
http://inventmarine.com
Macca_75
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2772
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:40 am
Posts Per Page: SE subrubs, Melbourne, Victoria, AU

Re: DIY Bristle worm traps

Post by Macca_75 »

Yeap. And cheap I guess
Post Reply

Return to “Equipment and DIY Discussion”