Caulerpa Racemosa options

The forum for all general topics not covered by one of our specialised forums.

Moderators: Moderators, Mod: General Discussion

Post Reply
retro
Lurking Reefer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:28 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Caulerpa Racemosa options

Post by retro »

I have an outbreak of Grape Caulerpa and the 3 options I am thinking of to rid the tank of this are as follows
1 -hope my yellow Tang ,in time will mow it down
2- install a GFO & carbon reactor
3- use Vibrant cleanner
I welcome your views & experiences with any or all options :pirate:
parrdog
Old Sea Dog Reefer
Posts: 2788
Joined: Tue Aug 14, 2007 2:28 am
Posts Per Page: Engadine, NSW, Australia

Re: Caulerpa Racemosa options

Post by parrdog »

I would think option one and and some gfo would be a good combo. Has your Yellow started showing an interest in the macro yet? Some regular water changes could help also to get your nutrient levels down.
retro
Lurking Reefer
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri May 18, 2018 3:28 am
Posts Per Page: Brisbane

Re: Caulerpa Racemosa options

Post by retro »

No ,the Tang has not shown any interest in the Caulerpa yet, having a nice crops of Dragons breath and other showy types he likes better ,but having said that I think he did whilst in quarantine .
the tank is very mature and running / balanced so well the water quality is perfect reguarding nutrients
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”