Hi Everyone!
I used to keep a marine tank with limited success, I'm pretty sure my lighting was the issue.
I was hoping to start a new tank, I've got limited space so need to be smart about my choices!
I was hoping to keep a few corals, a cleaner shrimp, and hopefully 2 fish - really attracted to Picasso clowns, If it would be safe a goby too.
Comments on stocking appreciated
Here is what I was thinking of buying:
Tank: Innovative Marine NUVO Fusion 10 (I have limited space)
Skimmer: Skimmate Ghost Skimmer Desktop (specifically for that tank)
Light: Aqua Illumination Prime HD LED Light Black, with the flex arm mount
Powerhead: Hydor Koralia Nano Pump/Powerhead - 240 GPH
Extra filter media: chemi pure blue, polyfilter, bio balls - would require filter media caddy for tank.
Considering the above, I have a few questions:
1. is the return pump in the aquarium strong enough? Will there be enough flow with the powerhead?
2. Is the light a good choice? I've seen mixed review but good enough that I'm leaning towards it - I like that I can program it with my phone.
3. Filter media. I kind of just grasped at straws here based on my previous tanks, would love some advice here!
I also need to get a few other essentials and would love some recommendations on what I should go with for the following:
- Salt
- live sand and rock (LFS)
- testing kits (please advise, I was looking at the API Saltwater and Reefmaster kits, but you might have a better insight)
- RO/DI water (enough to fill the tank and a full water change) LFS - or recommendation for safe water I can buy from the supermarket (LFS is hard for me to get to)
- thermometer
- heater
- glass cleaner/scraper thing
Finally - ANY recommendations for things that might not be on my list OR things that I just do not need that are on there. I've been reading up but theres lots of varying opinions out there.
Cheers!
SB
New tank - NUVO Fusion 10
Just started out in the world of marine aquariums? Daunted by all the information, conflicting advice and just wondering what you should do? This is a forum for all of those that are new to the hobby to ask all and any beginner type of questions.
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: New to the Hobby
-
simon.b
- Lurking Reefer
- Posts: 15
- Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:36 am
- Posts Per Page: Yowie Bay
- Contact:
New tank - NUVO Fusion 10
My Blog - http://simonsreef.blogspot.com/
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/brownsym?feature=mhum
Youtube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/brownsym?feature=mhum
Jump to
- General Information
- ↳ MASA, Australian & World News & Events
- ↳ Site Announcements, Questions, Comments and Suggestions
- ↳ Member Introductions
- The Aquaria Forums
- ↳ New to the Hobby
- ↳ General Discussion
- ↳ The Podcast Project
- ↳ RTAW Platform Project
- ↳ Equipment and DIY Discussion
- ↳ Product Review Forum
- ↳ Fish: Discussion, Disease and Identification
- ↳ Algaes, Corals and Invertebrates: ID's, Diseases, Pests, Parasites & Treatments Forum
- ↳ Chemistry & Advanced Concepts Discussion
- The Community & Competition Forums
- ↳ Tank Journals
- ↳ Reef Tanks Nano/Pico (Less than 100 Litres)
- ↳ Reef Tanks (101 - 799 Litres)
- ↳ Reef Tanks Large (800 Litres and Above)
- ↳ Diverse Tanks (Refer Description)
- ↳ LFS/Commercial Operators Tanks
- ↳ Diving, Collection and Photography Forum
- ↳ Users Personal Albums
- ↳ Propagation & Breeding
- ↳ Competitions
- ↳ RTAW Frag Competition
- ↳ 2012 Frag Growth Competition
- ↳ SPS
- ↳ LPS
- ↳ Soft Corals
- ↳ Zoos
- ↳ Others
- ↳ Archive Competitions
- ↳ 2011 Frag Growth Competition
- ↳ SPS
- ↳ LPS
- ↳ Softies
- ↳ Zoos
- ↳ Other
- ↳ 2010 Frag Growth Comp Forum
- ↳ SPS
- ↳ LPS
- ↳ Softies
- ↳ Zoos
- ↳ Other
- ↳ RTAW Breeders Challenge
- ↳ BC 2010
- ↳ BC 2009
- ↳ RTAW PICO competition
- ↳ Low Tide
- ↳ Gallery
- Business and Sales Forums
- ↳ Business Directory
- ↳ National/Online
- ↳ NSW
- ↳ QLD
- ↳ VIC
- ↳ WA
- ↳ SA/NT/TAS
- ↳ 100% Reef Safe
- ↳ Guppy's Aquarium Products Online
- ↳ Age of Aquariums
- ↳ Aquadepot Imports
- ↳ Aqua Blue Distribution
- ↳ Dalua Australia
- ↳ Majestic Aquariums
- ↳ Aquabella Aquariums
- ↳ Orphek Australia
- ↳ Allfish2u
- ↳ Non-Sponsor Business's and Business Feedback
- ↳ RTAW Classifieds
- ↳ Aquariums Australia
- ↳ PSI Filters
- ↳ Total Aquarium
- ↳ Aquariums@Asquith
- ↳ Giveaway Forum
- ↳ Vertex Aquaristik
- ↳ Aquarium Products Wholesale