Hi all,
I have just purchase a second hand marine aquarium setup that come with live rock and sand. However, because I have just moved into my place and will need to paint the room before placing the fish tank I don't plan to have the aquarium up and running for about 2-3 weeks.
My question is would it be safe to leave the live sand and rock without water for 2-3 weeks?
Thank you in advance
Live rock, letting it dry
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: New to the Hobby
-
Zoran
- Hi, I am new around here!
- Posts: 3
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 12:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Sydney
-
jayellul
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2471
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 10:26 am
- Posts Per Page: Lake Macquarie
Re: Live rock, letting it dry
no way
put in a plastic tub with water heater and powerhead
put in a plastic tub with water heater and powerhead
-
uglyman
- Old Sea Dog Reefer
- Posts: 2141
- Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2006 12:17 pm
- Posts Per Page: Pyalong Vic
Re: Live rock, letting it dry

Uglyman's 4ft LED lit mixed reef
If your not prepared to be wrong, then you'll never come up with anything original.
Join the Marine Aquarium Society of Victoria today!!
Join MASOV's Facebook Page
If your not prepared to be wrong, then you'll never come up with anything original.
Join the Marine Aquarium Society of Victoria today!!
Join MASOV's Facebook Page