Is it normal for foam to be forming in my sump?
I added some life rock to my tank on the weekend and my skimmer was going beserk so I turned it off, but where my filter sock is it’s still foaming up.
Sump foam
Moderators: Moderators, Mod: New to the Hobby
-
Synodontis
- Veteran Reefer
- Posts: 570
- Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:50 am
- Posts Per Page: Melton, Vic
Re: Sump foam
Hi
IMO, there would have been some die off in the live rock you added to the tank. This would be the foam your seeing in the sump. Turning the skimmer off means all this is not being removed from the water column. The water turbulence entering the filter sock is working like a skimmer hence the foam in the sock.
I'd turn the skimmer back on but it will probably need constant adjusting until the tank settles down.
IMO, there would have been some die off in the live rock you added to the tank. This would be the foam your seeing in the sump. Turning the skimmer off means all this is not being removed from the water column. The water turbulence entering the filter sock is working like a skimmer hence the foam in the sock.
I'd turn the skimmer back on but it will probably need constant adjusting until the tank settles down.